Frank Lampard to Chelsea Confirmed

Frank's a top guy, shame it's bound to end in tears.

I'm not so sure, if a club was going to find itself in the pickle Chelsea is in right now, they couldn't have picked a better time.

City and Liverpool aside, Utd are in the toilet, Arsenal have their own problems, Spurs aren't bad but they're not even close to the real deal yet and Wolves, Everton and Leicester are still only maybe's.

He needs a bit of luck, but a half decent Champions League run and fourth spot aren't beyond the realms of possibility.

Contrary to some of the reports that next season is a freebie etc, I would see anything other than top 4 as a failure, In terms of squad quality there's currently a massive gap between the top 2 and spurs and Chelsea, but even with Hazzard leaving the Chelsea squad shows a chasm in quality over the rags and Arsenal, who I could easily see finishing below the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Everton if the later progress.

Hope hes a success and can turn them into contenders the season after next, really don't fancy 3 consecutive title challenges with the toxic feral scum and dealing with the added of pressure of protecting humanity from a scouse premier league win and at the moment can only see Spurs if levy stops being a levy or Chelsea if Frank does well and encourages Roman to take an interest again to be the ones to challenge Liverpool & us whilst pep is here.

Good luck to him. But find Chelsea fans so fickle, the stick they gave Rafa and Sarri last season when they both did excellent jobs was a joke - Lampard will probably do worse and they’ll laud over him

The stick Rafa got had nothing to do with his qualities as a manager nor the results on the pitch, to be fair.

And also, although I disliked the hate Sarri got and frequently found myself in 5 on 1 arguments on Twitter last season, the hate he got also had very little to do with his abilities as a manager, and, it could even be argued, the results on the pitch too.

So I wouldn't consider it fickle if Chelsea predictably don't turn against Lampard if he achieves similar or worse results.

Last edited:
This transfer ban could be the best thing that's happened to Chelsea in years.

Last edited:
A good pro, hands tied behind his back with transfer ban , this has to be a stopgap .

I'm not so sure, if a club was going to find itself in the pickle Chelsea is in right now, they couldn't have picked a better time.

City and Liverpool aside, Utd are in the toilet, Arsenal have their own problems, Spurs aren't bad but they're not even close to the real deal yet and Wolves, Everton and Leicester are still only maybe's.

He needs a bit of luck, but a half decent Champions League run and fourth spot aren't beyond the realms of possibility.

I'm not thinking of next season. Dynasties are not built at CFC.

He has been over here quite a bit, considering his Mrs is from here....i have a bunch mates who were at a wedding he was at, some non-football fans, and they all said he was amazing craic, top bloke and just genuinely really nice.

Proper footballer...perhaps we're a little biased due to his final season, but always admired him as a player. Hope he does well.

The only thing about this that will probably annoy me is I reckon if he starts to struggle the media and the fans will be bending over backwards to defend him. As opposed to how quickly they turn on other Chelsea managers.

Saying that, good luck to him. Just lose to City whenever he plays us and we'll be golden.

The only thing about this that will probably annoy me is I reckon if he starts to struggle the media and the fans will be bending over backwards to defend him. As opposed to how quickly they turn on other Chelsea managers.

Saying that, good luck to him. Just lose to City whenever he plays us and we'll be golden.

And rightly so, imo.

His mandate is different from previous managers. The circumstances the club finds itself in, through our own doing, is different from previous managers.

It would be ridiculous to treat him like he's a Mourinho or Conte, who were brought in as champions, with a clear mandate of winning the title, backed with hundreds of millions of pounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.