Frank Rykaard as new city manager to finish the project?

Rijkaard has been put forward by Hiddink as the man to become Chelsea's next manager.

This has been mentioned in the Dutch press several times the last 2 weeks. Hiddink has also praised Rijkaard in his column in De Telegraaf.

Not a big Rijkaard fan.

At club level, he managed to get Sparta Rotterdam relegated for the first time in their history. For some reason that then qualified him to take over at Barca and he did a good job there with Ten Cate as his assistant. As soon as Ten Cate left, Barca went backwards rather quickly and Rijkaard started falling out with players.

Maybe if he could lure Ten Cate as his assistant again, he may be worth a try. Otherwise I would stay well clear.

Personally I would prefer Mancini if Hughes goes.

nubian said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Wasn't our first match at COMS against Barca, FR's first season in charge? There's some parallells with is first year at Barca and MH's. Barca had a new President, new management, some underperfoming players and a percentage of the fans wanting him out. Rijkaard managed to turn that side round after Xmas and got them to second place. Not saying MH can emulate what FR did with Barca as we are nowehere near the level they were at back then, but if we get half as close in the next couple of seasons then that'll do me.

At last someone who got the whole point of my argument. Team struggling, fans unrest, new owners/management, underperforming players,team not won anything for years, in relagation place before christmas, finish runners up. Lets see where MH get after the same period of time

he was brilliant in the second half of his first season ,beaten real madrid and champs valencia away and finished 2nd. so yes he showed positive signs to keep his job unlike hughes.no one keeps his job just because of stability .

Don't forget that theres only about 3 teams capable of winning La Liga. It's like the Scottish Premier League, 5 games in, Celtic and Rangers are about 50 points ahead.

bobmcfc said:
nubian said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Wasn't our first match at COMS against Barca, FR's first season in charge? There's some parallells with is first year at Barca and MH's. Barca had a new President, new management, some underperfoming players and a percentage of the fans wanting him out. Rijkaard managed to turn that side round after Xmas and got them to second place. Not saying MH can emulate what FR did with Barca as we are nowehere near the level they were at back then, but if we get half as close in the next couple of seasons then that'll do me.

At last someone who got the whole point of my argument. Team struggling, fans unrest, new owners/management, underperforming players,team not won anything for years, in relagation place before christmas, finish runners up. Lets see where MH get after the same period of time

so we have a chance of finishing second.?? wow i'm hughes in again

No chance!!!! just dreaming of what might have been had we taken a different path

mr bluesky said:
Get ready for Cluelesses Excuses on sunday after we fail to beat WBA....along the lines of we were tired after Thursday...Clueless out Rikjaard in......Welsh Mafia out.!!
Don't you mean 'if'? It sounds like you want us to lose.

PSmyth07 said:
Don't forget that theres only about 3 teams capable of winning La Liga. It's like the Scottish Premier League, 5 games in, Celtic and Rangers are about 50 points ahead.

Whereas in the premiership 20 teams are in contention for the title each season? In the last few years the titles have gone to Real and Barca in Spain and Chelski and the scum in England. Real and Barca are usually quite dominant right now but as a whole I'd say the league is definitely less predictable than the premiership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.