Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we really stepped away from this one? Normally the rag rumours only start when we close to signing someone!

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 2m2 minutes ago
Manchester United are ready to outbid neighbours Manchester City for £50m-rated Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred (25). [Mirror]

DbA-9ECWkAIJUWR.jpg

0 replies1 retweet3 likes

Let's be honest he's just going to do what every United signing does, fail to perform, become disenchanted upon realising they've signed a contract to stay at a crumbling ruin for 5 years and then get attacked in the press by the manager for something probably out of their control.

Have we really stepped away from this one? Normally the rag rumours only start when we close to signing someone

I get the sense that he's just chosen them over us for whatever reason. By all accounts we were pushing to sign him up in the winter, with Guardiola obviously on board. Then a month or so after the window closes it comes out simultaneously from the usual sourced up journos that not only have we not signed him, actually we're not even interested in doing so? Very curious.

I honestly don't care either way on this one but seems pretty clear to me that we got the nod from someone along the way that it wasn't gonna happen and we got in front of it. It's not a coincidence that we never seem to be in for anyone that ultimately ends up at United. I'd say Sanchez was the exception but even then we spun up some greedy agent business.

I imagine Shaktar and Fred's agent are hoping to have a bidding war between us and United. Pep and Txiki likely to refuse to play ball. Like with Sanchez if he just wants money he will go there.

If he wants to play fantastic football and learn under Pep, he will come here. If the player doesn't have the right enthusiasm and attitude to come to us, we don't want him.

As we’ve seen in the way we’ve played this year and the improvement from last year, in order to succeed as a pep player you have to first 100% fully buy into and embrace his methods and then be highly skilled to exercise them.
If a player isn’t convinced on the first (ie isnt convinced in signing for us and hence playing for pep) there is a decent risk they will never fit the style as they do not have the focus or application.
If so best avoided and move onto someone who will

Have we really stepped away from this one? Normally the rag rumours only start when we close to signing someone!

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 2m2 minutes ago
Manchester United are ready to outbid neighbours Manchester City for £50m-rated Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred (25). [Mirror]

DbA-9ECWkAIJUWR.jpg

0 replies1 retweet3 likes
It’s pathetic really.
Haven’t both parties learned from previous transfers??
If he chooses them then they deserve each other
Move on.

I imagine Shaktar and Fred's agent are hoping to have a bidding war between us and United. Pep and Txiki likely to refuse to play ball. Like with Sanchez if he just wants money he will go there.

If he wants to play fantastic football and learn under Pep, he will come here. If the player doesn't have the right enthusiasm and attitude to come to us, we don't want him.

Precisely - we really are starting to conduct our transfer business like an elite club. Show you want to play for us or just **** off.

Let's be honest he's just going to do what every United signing does, fail to perform, become disenchanted upon realising they've signed a contract to stay at a crumbling ruin for 5 years and then get attacked in the press by the manager for something probably out of their control.

One misplaced pass and the PEG will skewer him in the post match!!

I get the sense that he's just chosen them over us for whatever reason. By all accounts we were pushing to sign him up in the winter, with Guardiola obviously on board. Then a month or so after the window closes it comes out simultaneously from the usual sourced up journos that not only have we not signed him, actually we're not even interested in doing so? Very curious.

I honestly don't care either way on this one but seems pretty clear to me that we got the nod from someone along the way that it wasn't gonna happen and we got in front of it. It's not a coincidence that we never seem to be in for anyone that ultimately ends up at United. I'd say Sanchez was the exception but even then we spun up some greedy agent business.

We didn't 'spin up' anything, it was, quite obviously 100% fucking true. There was NO CHANCE of Sanchez being paid that at City, none.

And, like Sanchez, there is no guarantee that a player we go for in January, won't get a bigger offer from someone else, if we don't sign him at the time. That's a risk we are obviously willing to take, if deals don't suit us & we have done exactly the same with Mahrez. Nobody knows if we are still in for him either, but you can be fucking sure we won't be, if Utd offer him more money & he considers it.

We pay what we think a player is worth to us, at the time & the player has to want to play for us.

What clearly happened with Sanchez, and has quite probably happened with Fred, is that we had a deal agreed in principle with the player. United then come in with a bigger salary offer, the player’s agent asks City to match it, we refuse and walk away from the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.