Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought that it's DMs duty to 'protect' defenders, not the other way round...
And our CBs aren't really suited for 3ATB, not mobile enough. In fact, the best RCB in this squad is Walker.

I cannot tell you what page the tactical breakdown was on but it explained that the pivot role in the 3-5-2 was more about launching counter attacks then defending. I could see a back 3 of Danilo Otamendi Laporte. Mendy on the left with Walker on the right.

I estimate that pep will use Fred as his left back.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah..Looks like Fred deal done

Gotta be done.Excited about this guy looks like he can play that fernandihno position.
His passing range energy.
Not seen much of his defensive work though hopefully it's up to fernandinhos level :)

The deal collapsed as the paperwork hasn't been done in time.

Cheers. Never even realized that. Well he's got to be happy. Not sure what playing time he'll get but he went from the Austrian League to a team that may well make the CL quarterfinals in just a few months.

I don't know anything about Fred really, don't specifically remember him when we played Shakhtar, it seemed to be Taison whose name kept coming up in commentary.

So, how good is Fred? I really hope we don't end up with another Fernando. Much better than that, surely?

Is he just a cheap option for a position we need though? Genuine question if both Fred and Milinkovic-Savic were equal price and availability, would we still choose Fred?

Don't we need a taller player in midfield to compete more aggressively in the air and dominate people like Henderson, Pogba and Moussa Dembele?

Not slagging the lad off, if he ticks all the above that's great, I just don't know much about him, get most of my foreign football info from whatever the BBC, Guardian or Telegraph write.

I don't know anything about Fred really, don't specifically remember him when we played Shakhtar, it seemed to be Taison whose name kept coming up in commentary.

So, how good is Fred? I really hope we don't end up with another Fernando. Much better than that, surely?

Is he just a cheap option for a position we need though? Genuine question if both Fred and Milinkovic-Savic were equal price and availability, would we still choose Fred?

Don't we need a taller player in midfield to compete more aggressively in the air and dominate people like Henderson, Pogba and Moussa Dembele?

Not slagging the lad off, if he ticks all the above that's great, I just don't know much about him, get most of my foreign football info from whatever the BBC, Guardian or Telegraph write.
Fred is not another Fernando. He offers something going forward and has great technical qualities. Fernando was more of a destroyer but lacked positional awareness, hence he couldn't play as single pivot and had to play as a double pivot with Dinho, but a destroyer in a midfield two is redundant in our system where we are attacking the majority of the time.

Easiest way to see the difference is see a youtube video of Fernando and Fred where people usually highlight each player's 'best' qualities, you will see a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.