Freddie Flintoff a City fan?

Was in St Lucia a few years ago at the end of a W. Indies tour and the whole team were out on the lash, exceptions been Michael Vaughn who had his family over and Trescothick who was mentally ill at the time (alledgedly) my mate tried to get his hat signed by the team, we'd just beat the geordies and from the shit Freddie dished out to Steve Harmison it appeared to us he was a proper blue

I had a good chat with him in Mary D's after a midweek game v Newcastle in about 2006. He was in crutches at the time. He's definitely a city fan. Maybe not by birth but definitely a convert. the late great bluemoon legend Steve king was with us too. RIP Steve.

He has a strong following on twitter but seems frightened to mention any support he has for City in case it reduces his popularity amongst the rest of the world.
Pity!

Dubai Blue said:
I remember him being on the pitch before one of our games just after England had won the Ashes.

_40814912_flintoff.jpg

I don't think he's a fanatic, but certainly has a soft spot for us.

i remember when this happened and ive told my wife for ages that i wanted to know weather he actually was or weather he was just going to a few game pretending cos u never hear him talkin bout it lol

One of my few genuine sporting heroes of recent times.

I can relate to him a bit unlike say Carl Lewis, he seems an absolute top top fella.
Fanatic or casual supporter, not fussed. He likes us and wears our colours, non of that nasty red shite.

Infact after 3 weeks of thinking thats on my bucket list, to hit the town with Freddie and drink it dry.

TCIB said:

I can relate to him a bit unlike say Carl Lewis, he seems an absolute top top fella.
Fanatic or casual supporter, not fussed. He likes us and wears our colours, non of that nasty red shite.

Infact after 3 weeks of thinking thats on my bucket list, to hit the town with Freddie and drink it dry.
TCIB I know your from my neck of the woods, a night out/afternoon piss up is well worth it. But he's fucked off down south rented his place to crouchey and think the media is his thing know.

Further to the answer he gave in my last post the video, where he stated he was basically making a choice as the rest of the Lancs team supported Utd - I dug his autobiography out the other night and he put in there that Lancashire's main sponsor (I think Paul Beck) had(s) a box at City and basically he just used to go along as a result of that and it was more of a social thing.

It's clear he doesn't consider himself to be a huge fan from interviews and what not but he does take more than a passing interest.

TCIB said:

Rag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.