Free Live Stream - Club America v City(29/07/10@1am) UPDATED

WELL DONE BLUES. Low key second half but well impressed with Yayas debut. He had plenty of the ball and didnt give it away once. Ade ran his socks off and looked class, was all over the pitch. At least that was recognised by the commentators. Gonna be a good season. Goodnight blues

zinaldo1982 said:
Yeah we have won the cup,a team like ours cannot create more than 2 or 3 occasions against a team from mexico,shameful but eh there was no robinho,silva,tevez so i guess i can forgive them lol.

Eh sorry i am a bit hard on the guys but sometimes,it really hurts me to see a player like ade who earns a fortune not give a damn and just wait for the ball to come to him,pass the ball like if he was pele and maradona rolled into one,when a simple pass would do.

Mate I thought the performance was lackluster but IT IS a friendly... Ade was probably our best player on the pitch and was unfortunate not to put that second one away.

More of a concern for me was our squandering of possession on countless occasions. Even in a friendly we should be dominating possession and retaining control of the game. Instead we were losing the ball in midfield from set piece clearances which for me there is no excuse for. Those not up for the set piece should be collecting up the loose ball to keep the pressure on - not allowing the opposition to break on us when we only have 2 or 3 back.

pbibs said:
WELL DONE BLUES. Low key second half but well impressed with Yayas debut. He had plenty of the ball and didnt give it away once. Ade ran his socks off and looked class, was all over the pitch. At least that was recognised by the commentators. Gonna be a good season. Goodnight blues
Didn't give it away once? What match did you watch???

Thought them commentators were total fucking knobs the whole game through, one of them spent 90 minutes jacking off every Mexican player and the manager and team, as well as his other favourite pastime......slating City and their players.

One of his best was "Weiss looks unsure of himself and out of his depth", this was said after 47 minutes, he came on at half time, so that means he was on for 2 minutes and this genius spotted he was unsure of himself, becuase he hadn't already claimed a hat-trick of assists, oh! and for being out of his depth at pre-season level.....was I mistaken then or did he actually go to the WORLD CUP!!.

They then got onto slating Vieira, but at least he was there to win the ball and keep possession ticking over for us, Ireland made a lot of misplaced passes.....AGAIN, and nowt said about him, Zabs was quiet, Weiss, didn't really do an awful lot and Lescott was useless.

It is only a pre-season and the way some on this site are going on at Vieira you want your bumps feeling on your heads, he is a "bit-part" player now, will play mainly when others are injured, suspended or need a rest, or as a late sub, at 35 years of age, what do you expect him to do, chase about the pitch like he did when he was 22?......that is the task of Ireland, Weiss, Zabaleta or whoever else in the middle with him to do that donkey work now, he will just pick up the scraps and distribute the ball to a team-mate...JOB FUCKING DONE.

First half was a better performance as it was a more of a "first team" outlook than the 2nd half, shape stayed the same throughout, we were never broken through against one of, if not, THE best team in Mexico, restricting them to long range efforts only, apart from the goal, which Lescott was too slow to react to.

Yaya bossed the middle of the park when he was on as an ATTACKING CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, Barry as the B-2-B midfielder and Kompany as the DM in the 1st half with full backs bombing on......Boyata was superb throughout, Richards played very well until he had to go off injured, and I was equally impressed with Johnson, SWP, Barry and Adebayor, not to mention Mr Given at the end, if there is anyplace where we have THE BEST keeper in World football on our team, it is in the Penalty shoot-out stakes, he is always good for 2-3 saves.

Bellamy never got on, because Mancini knows what he can do, and could only make 6 subs, we made a 7th due to a injury to Micah and approval off the C America manager and staff, maybe Bellamy has done enough to merit a place in the 25, and 1 more might be available for either Ireland or Jo.

All in all, far better team performance than the last two, things are starting to come into place, and it was really pleasing to see the side, not only keep the shape, but also pass and move as well as they did, throughout the game.

I get pretty pissed off with fans of the club getting on the players backs in a bleeding pre-season game and rubbishing a player like Vieira who has won more as an individual than we have as a club in 106 years!, it is bad enough the press having a vendetta, but if there is a vendetta like on this board next season in the stands on gameday, don't be surprised to see a team, scared of playing or points being thrown away against sides we should be beating, FFS your supposed to be supporters of this great club, if so do as the title suggests and fucking support them, the enemies are meant to be from the outside of the club walls, not inside the stadium.

DonRobertoManciti said:
Yaya bossed the middle of the park when he was on as an ATTACKING CREATIVE MIDFIELDER, Barry as the B-2-B midfielder and Kompany as the DM in the 1st half with full backs bombing on......Boyata was superb throughout, Richards played very well until he had to go off injured, and I was equally impressed with Johnson, SWP, Barry and Adebayor, not to mention Mr Given at the end, if there is anyplace where we have THE BEST keeper in World football on our team, it is in the Penalty shoot-out stakes, he is always good for 2-3 saves.
I generally agree, though I'm surprised you've omitted Bridge from your praises. To me he was one of the best players on the pitch, and Kolarov really has his work cut out for him if he wants to start at the left back. Also, I wasn't really impressed by Adam Johnson, who made way too many mistakes - including the situation where he was awarded a penalty, which I believe was very questionable. SWP wasn't at his best either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.