Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I don’t know how many will contain themselves if we only get one.

Shiny new tony syndrome will drive them crazy when we don’t buy de Ligt and Alex Sandro.

Don't forget if any of those go to rivals they're then immediately favourites to win the league.

Last edited:
That’s next season but we could sign ndombele this one? ;-)

Ideal scenario would be something like De Jong next summer, Ndombele the summer after.

FdJ is a one of a kind and should be the priority IMO, but I think when Fernandinho does retire/leave we need a mobile, physical option to replace him. The Spurs game made it really evident that we're a bit lightweight and with someone like FDJ there instead of fernandinho we'd probably have been beaten

Pep had Seydou Keita at Barca when he needed a physical presence to combat the opposition flooding midfield with big players - but that physical option has to have the technical ability to stand up to the rest of the side.

Ideal scenario would be something like De Jong next summer, Ndombele the summer after.

FdJ is a one of a kind and should be the priority IMO, but I think we need a physical option like Pep had at Barca with Seydou Keita.

I would assume we'd push for Ndombele in January as Aulas has already discussed letting him leave for the right price, followed by FDJ in the summer.

I would assume we'd push for Ndombele in January as Aulas has already discussed letting him leave for the right price, followed by FDJ in the summer.

I don't see that happening. Fernandinho probably has at least 18 months left in him, and we won't have him, and FDJ and Ndombele. Don't think there's squad space for a start.

I don't see that happening. Fernandinho probably has at least 18 months left in him, and we won't have him, and FDJ and Ndombele. Don't think there's squad space for a start.

I think people have got carried away with Sam Lee's article. It's quite like summer of 2017 when he was saying we were in for both Mbappe and Sanchez if we could get them. Would have been complete overkill, as would signing both of the above.

We cannot have 3 players vying for 1 DM spot. If it does happen, Gundogan would need to be sold and one of them would have to be played at CM, as we would have a major issue with too much depth and Foden's chances would be non-existent.

The other option would be to buy one of them and loan them back for a year, with a view to joining in 2020. I can't see that happening though, given they'll be two of the most in demand young players in Europe.

You’ve also got to take into account players like Douglas Luiz and Claudio Gomes coming through that can be used in rotation and be possible starters one day

You’ve also got to take into account players like Douglas Luiz and Claudio Gomes coming through that can be used in rotation and be possible starters one day

I'm pretty confident neither of those will ever play for us. Gomes might just be having a difficult first season in England, but he's not one of the better players in the EDS, and Luiz will never get a work permit to play for us even if he was good enough.

I'd be amazed if either were taken into account when Pep & co. plan the future of the squad for the next few years.

Suspect we will get Ndombele either in January or in July. FDJ will probably go to Barca but we will be used to make them pay top dollar for him. Personally, hope we get FDJ but I just can't see it.

I'm pretty confident neither of those will ever play for us. Gomes might just be having a difficult first season in England, but he's not one of the better players in the EDS, and Luiz will never get a work permit to play for us even if he was good enough.

I'd be amazed if either were taken into account when Pep & co. plan the future of the squad for the next few years.
Gomes has improved of late,he looks to be settling and finding his feet.I'm still unsure of his potential though.

Bit controversial, and not saying id want it, but could Dinho potentially leave before that, if that is all he has left, we waited far too long before replacing Zabaletta for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.