Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only see it being between us, but I can't see him going for any of the figures mentioned in the media; they all seem too modest for a player of his ability.

Same but what a disappointment to end up 2nd place in this race - that one will sting for a decade

That anyone is considered ahead of him for our DM position blows my mind.

He is the next level.

Same but what a disappointment to end up 2nd place in this race - that one will sting for a decade

Agreed. My only concern would be the wanderlust that seems to affect numerous Dutch players, as you can never be sure they'll stay in one place. But you're right, whichever side loses out will rue so for a long time.

Agreed. My only concern would be the wanderlust that seems to affect numerous Dutch players, as you can never be sure they'll stay in one place. But you're right, whichever side loses out will rue so for a long time.

As I have said before, if we miss out then by all means the disappointment would be mitigated by Pep getting to coach him so it's good for football fans in general because De Jong is a marquee player - have to build something special around him

For Oranje as well, they have so much exciting football to give to fans again and that's a win for everybody tbh

As I have said before, if we miss out then by all means the disappointment would be mitigated by Pep getting to coach him so it's good for football fans in general because De Jong is a marquee player - have to build something special around him

For Oranje as well, they have so much exciting football to give to fans again and that's a win for everybody tbh

Yes, it would be a travesty if he went to Real or Juventus. He's built to play under Guardiola or in the shadow of Cruyff.

Good points on the KNVB, and it's nice to see Koeman gaining a degree of success and the accompanying plaudits. He was shabbily treated at Everton and has done well transforming a youthful Dutch side into challengers again, though it's still early days. Tonight, De Ligt had the pace to snuff out Mbappe, De Jong controlled the centre of the park, and Dumfries has come on leaps and bounds since leaving Heerenveen. The future's bright...

That anyone is considered ahead of him for our DM position blows my mind.

He is the next level.
I still dont think he has what it needs defensively to survive in the PL, thats my only concern. neves and ndomble are superior to him in that aspect

Anything less than 100m and UEFA will be investigating Ajax for selling him so cheap, there is no doubt he is our number one target and we will offer him the world. It will come down to his choice, our only hope is other clubs looking elsewhere for other positions.

His intelligence, awareness, composure and potential are impossible to quantify with respect to him coming into our team. He is the heir to the throne (Fernandinho), I like Ndombele and Neves but FDJ has that extra.

I still dont think he has what it needs defensively to survive in the PL, thats my only concern. neves and ndomble are superior to him in that aspect
Got to disagree de jong is so much more he can take the ball comfortably of the back four.also he can surge forward like yaya used to do.and his range of passing and skillset makes him a must for this team.the way we dominate possesion i think he would be the final piece of this superb team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.