Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a real tough call as I would expect Barca to have the upper hand.

However, we have Pep and an open space in the 1st team coming up.

I’m hopeful!

I am gutted we didn’t get Jorginho, but De Jong looks worth the wait
And we have Messi

I think the only other two clubs with a shot albeit less than our two clubs would be PSG for obvious reasons and Bayern owing to how quietly they go about their business and the connection with Dutch players

I think the only other two clubs with a shot albeit less than our two clubs would be PSG for obvious reasons and Bayern owing to how quietly they go about their business and the connection with Dutch players
What's the most Bayern have ever spent on a player?

What's the most Bayern have ever spent on a player?

Tolisso is their record signing at €41.5 and while I agree they are not prone to splashing money in the transfer market, they have not rejuvenated their squad with nearly every key position held by a player over 30. They are the 2nd oldest Bayern side in it's club history and are the oldest side in the Bundesliga...and in 3rd place. Even James will be sent back to RM as they will not exercise their purchase option or extend the loan despite the looney market that will make it difficult to reinforce without spending big.

They are a rich club that is accustomed to dominating Germany and realize they will have to reverse their predicament sooner than later. Perhaps they won't break character and splash the cash but I am not sure how they can improve without doing so.

Plus, the German-Dutch connection could be a factor. It's an outside if not remote possibility since I think the clear frontrunners will be our clubs

Tolisso is their record signing at €41.5 and while I agree they are not prone to splashing money in the transfer market, they have not rejuvenated their squad with nearly every key position held by a player over 30. They are the 2nd oldest Bayern side in it's club history and are the oldest side in the Bundesliga...and in 3rd place. Even James will be sent back to RM as they will not exercise their purchase option or extend the loan despite the looney market that will make it difficult to reinforce without spending big.

They are a rich club that is accustomed to dominating Germany and realize they will have to reverse their predicament sooner than later. Perhaps they won't break character and splash the cash but I am not sure how they can improve without doing so.

Plus, the German-Dutch connection could be a factor. It's an outside if not remote possibility since I think the clear frontrunners will be our clubs
That's a huge problem for them with so many over age players though, I can't see them spending £70 million plus on 1 player when they have so many spots to fill over the next 2 or 3 seasons. After all they wanted FFP so now they'll have to live by it.

Cheers.

I really dont see them getting anywhere near the price needed to secure him,and besides i think he'd rather sign elsewhere.Bayern will continue to bully and bleed their rivals in the Bundesliga when its time to recruit.

Manchester City have blown other clubs out of the water and are close to sealing a £61m deal for Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong (21). Barcelona and Tottenham are believed to have accepted that De Jong is heading to the Etihad. [Sunday People]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.