Frenkie de Jong

With the energy of Bernardo, KDB and DeJong playing in the middle do you even need to have the conservative role Rodri plays (when he's out/rested I mean ... not all the time)?

he doesnt strike me as a patient guy (in order to join a rebuild) if anything hes frustrated by barcelona's lack of success, although he likes it there. But yeah, he probably wants to join a team whos in position to win stuff right now

he doesnt strike me as a patient guy (in order to join a rebuild) if anything hes frustrated by barcelona's lack of success, although he likes it there. But yeah, he probably wants to join a team whos in position to win stuff right now
I think it's more than that. Seem like he's unfairly scapegoated. He was seen as Koeman's favorite and so with Xavi taking over Barca fans love their star boy Pedri and also Gavi. Since FDJ isn't Spanish he's seen as saleable. They are making his performances worse than they have been when in reality he's actually been fine.

If I'm remembering correctly (and there's a good chance I'm not), back in 2019 FDJ coming to City felt like a good bet, but in the end the club wouldn't break the wage structure and it fell apart. Pep was a vocal fan of the player, and vice versa.

If so, considering everything that's happened at Barca (on the pitch + wage reductions), this makes a ton of sense

Also I want it to happen so I'm going to believe it's true. Haaland + FDJ is a FM save, and that's not even accounting for Alvarez.

I think it's more than that. Seem like he's unfairly scapegoated. He was seen as Koeman's favorite and so with Xavi taking over Barca fans love their star boy Pedri and also Gavi. Since FDJ isn't Spanish he's seen as saleable. They are making his performances worse than they have been when in reality he's actually been fine.
He played better under Koeman as well cos he used him as a attacking mid.

Under Xavi he has not excelled the same, and that isn't De Jong's fault. Xavi has tried to mould him into Busquets mk2 and it isn't working

Last edited:

Hahahaha Frenkie lol

The best bit of that is the fan in the replies complaining that players only move to be successful rather than the ‘prestige’ that they used to move for. Hasn’t put two and two together that they stopped winning and suddenly the prestige of playing for them disappeared out the window.

I’d love De Jong at city but again I don’t think this one will happen. You never know but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.