Frenkie de Jong

My take on the Frenkie De Jong (or Frankie Ding Dong as my granddaughter pronounces it), is that he’s never hit the heights expected at Barca, that’s the opinion of Barca fans anyhow, and they want him off their payroll.
Barca need cash so require a good payment for him but his salary at Barca is astronomical and so the only club daft enough to pay him similar + the asking price is Utd acting out of desperation.
I think that the fact that it’s taking so long to complete is down to Frankie Ding Dong not being happy with the prospect of going to a club without Champs League footie and little chance of success in their own league.
Thus, IMO, Barca and Utd have agreed a fee but Ding Dong wants a salary increase to compensate him for going to a club where honours are extremely unlikely in the short to mid-term.
I recon that he will make the move, and that he will undoubtedly improve them, but that the improvement won’t be to the level they hope for and he’ll squeeze them for a salary that matches his Barca income but which has all the trophy bonuses that he doesn’t think he’ll get added on top as fixed income regardless of success.

Just my take on it.

And I head’s autocorrecting De Jong to Ding Dong now.

Could do with him staying at Barca or going to Juve or Newcastle really, or PSG. Not sure why nobody else is interested.

My take on the Frenkie De Jong (or Frankie Ding Dong as my granddaughter pronounces it), is that he’s never hit the heights expected at Barca, that’s the opinion of Barca fans anyhow, and they want him off their payroll.
Barca need cash so require a good payment for him but his salary at Barca is astronomical and so the only club daft enough to pay him similar + the asking price is Utd acting out of desperation.
I think that the fact that it’s taking so long to complete is down to Frankie Ding Dong not being happy with the prospect of going to a club without Champs League footie and little chance of success in their own league.
Thus, IMO, Barca and Utd have agreed a fee but Ding Dong wants a salary increase to compensate him for going to a club where honours are extremely unlikely in the short to mid-term.
I recon that he will make the move, and that he will undoubtedly improve them, but that the improvement won’t be to the level they hope for and he’ll squeeze them for a salary that matches his Barca income but which has all the trophy bonuses that he doesn’t think he’ll get added on top as fixed income regardless of success.

Just my take on it.

And I head’s autocorrecting De Jong to Ding Dong now.
Rag fans must dream of the days when the club could click its fingers for a player to come running and accept whatever was on offer.

I thought it would get done today with it being 1st July and that thing about Barca not selling before the end of June as they couldn't use the money for transfers ......etc, etc, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.