Frenkie de Jong

UEFA really should be intervening in the Barca situation. The club is insolvent and unable to meet its liabilities under the contracts it has entered into with its employees. It is unacceptable on every level and the authorities should, at the very least, insist that no further signings are made until all deferred payments under existing contracts are made.

You have a point and why they took the 25 year tv future revenue because they HAD to make payments it players they bought and why we got our first instalment’s of Ferran fee a few days ago if they hadn’t of paid it that’s a breach of ffp..

UEFA really should be intervening in the Barca situation. The club is insolvent and unable to meet its liabilities under the contracts it has entered into with its employees. It is unacceptable on every level and the authorities should, at the very least, insist that no further signings are made until all deferred payments under existing contracts are made.
Unacceptable to who? Not to the players who have agreed to defer payments, so not sure how UEFA would get involved

I think City PSG or both should complain about them, UEFA seem very big on investigating complaints.

Unacceptable to who? Not to the players who have agreed to defer payments, so not sure how UEFA would get involved

Because that is an informal insolvency procedure. At the very least, it's a red flag that the club is in very serious financial difficulty (which is obvious anyway).

If the regulator doesn't intervene in that situation, what would actually motivate them to get off their arses ? (rhetorical question, I think we know the answer to that)

Because that is an informal insolvency procedure. At the very least, it's a red flag that the club is in very serious financial difficulty (which is obvious anyway).

If the regulator doesn't intervene in that situation, what would actually motivate them to get off their arses ? (rhetorical question, I think we know the answer to that)
I think the only thing they can intervene in though, is an actual breach of their rules. If agreed payments are being met currently and they've not yet breached FFP, there's nothing to call them out on despite the potential 'red flag'. We've said since the introduction of FFP that it wouldn't stop a club from going into administration

You have a point and why they took the 25 year tv future revenue because they HAD to make payments it players they bought and why we got our first instalment’s of Ferran fee a few days ago if they hadn’t of paid it that’s a breach of ffp..
Spot on. I could be mistaken but I'm sure UEFA have banned clubs from Europe in the past for failing to pay outstanding transfer fees to other clubs. It's an aspect of FFP that City fans rarely discuss or consider, or may even be unaware of, as under our current ownership it's inconceivable that we would ever get ourselves into such a situation but UEFA do take a very dim view of it - I'd actually say they take an even dimmer view than clubs failing the break-even part of FFP - hence why bans have been handed out. Whether these new financial rules still include this I don't know, but I'm guessing they will.

Last edited:
Very weird situation this, player wants to stay at the club but the club can no longer afford him

absolutely disgraceful what Barcelona are doing across the board this summer

Where Is the investigation, trying to force players to lower their salaries but then tapping all and sundry up via their media mouthpieces

whats their current FFP status, they must be sailing close to the wind with accumulated losses , or are the writing it all off as COVID impact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.