Frenkie de Jong

Again - how do you guys know this with such certainty please? I didn’t see that we’d approached FDJ last year, or the year before that - in fact, the only time was before he went to Barca as far as I was aware. I feel I’m missing out on inside info so please let us in on it. Thanks.
We have not approached De jong though, there are no real links between de jong and us.

Don't see how the numbers would work for him or Barca. He's got 3 years left on his contract. Assuming we'd pay him about £350k a week before tax, he'd be at least £30m worse off (£200k x 52 x 3). And they owe him about £15m, so he'd surely want the £45m and probably after tax, so he'd get almost the entire transfer fee and Barca are a quality player less.

Unless he really wants to get away at any price, his options are probably the rags or Saudi, as they're the only ones daft enough to pay the wages
Don't we make up wages off the books anymore?

so is he plan C after Bellingham and Rice? Because then we better look at plan D, as de Jong aint leaving Barca, of course would be great signing but cannot see it. Laporta just said 2 days ago 5 players are not on the market, with him being one of them. didnt he had the same opinion of UK-Manchester weather and lifestyle as Bernardo when United were linked him him few windows ago?

Don't see how the numbers would work for him or Barca. He's got 3 years left on his contract. Assuming we'd pay him about £350k a week before tax, he'd be at least £30m worse off (£200k x 52 x 3). And they owe him about £15m, so he'd surely want the £45m and probably after tax, so he'd get almost the entire transfer fee and Barca are a quality player less.

Unless he really wants to get away at any price, his options are probably the rags or Saudi, as they're the only ones daft enough to pay the wages
PSG....?

We have not approached De jong though, there are no real links between de jong and us.
Haven’t we? i didn’t know that, and nor it seems did many others here. How is it that Daily Mail reporter said that we had and it was confirmed here? That’s why it’s confusing, some folks just make stuff up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.