Frenkie de Jong

As this is the FDJ thread I’m assuming we are talking about him coming and Bernardo going. As Bernardo spent more time wide right than in the middle and FDJ would very much be in the middle.
So in that scenario I ‘d expect Foden would take more of Bernardo’s minutes which were predominantly wide right.
That’s my perception anyway, I’d like to see a breakdown of games Bernardo played wide / in the middle.
I personally thought we were one short in the middle anyway, adding De Jong & Kova for Gundo covers that. Jack needs a backup and Mahrez is gonna need replacing in 2 years at most. A winger who can play both sides would be my call there. If pep has to use a larger squad during the transisiton for some of the older guys so be it IMO

Thing is if Barcelona willing to let FDJ go that’s 700k of the wage bill means they can afford to pay Silva and Cancelo so straight swap is on

50/50 on this one. Fantastic player but De Jong and Kovacic are very similar. Him and Kova combined don't offer half the goal threat/output Gundo did. Or even Rodri for that matter.
Just not seeing where they fit in as they aren't exactly play anywhere Bernie players, nor are they 8s. They are deep lying support/playmakers.
With us looking likely to continue the 4 cbs so having John step up to mid. This one isn't making much sense.

I personally thought we were one short in the middle anyway, adding De Jong & Kova for Gundo covers that. Jack needs a backup and Mahrez is gonna need replacing in 2 years at most. A winger who can play both sides would be my call there. If pep has to use a larger squad during the transisiton for some of the older guys so be it IMO

Thing is if Barcelona willing to let FDJ go that’s 700k of the wage bill means they can afford to pay Silva and Cancelo so straight swap is on
Thought I ‘d seen somewhere first the 700 k was a myth, but secondly he’s taken wage cuts that’s why they owe him millions. Doubt what he’s paid at the moment is anywhere near Silva and Cancelo combined.

I definitely feel like Gomez is much more suited to attacking midfield and I won't be surprised to see him get more than a few chances there by pep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.