Friendship Scarves/Pennants

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest

This appears quite odd and although I don't know the answer I'm assuming it's something to do with some kind of intellectual property rights or something.

City are now selling friendship scarves and pennants for the Champions League fixtures and both the Ajax and Dortmund scarves have half City half Ajax and the other obviously half City and half Dortmund. They also have the badges of the respective clubs. It's the same for the pennants. However, with regard to the Real Madrid items, there's only a reference to "Madrid" and the date of the game there on the "Friendship scarf" and one side is just all City. The Real Madrid badge appears nowhere, and not on the pennant either. I can only imagine that RM refused permission to use their badge and colours for some reason but it seems a tad strange and dare I say petty if this is the case.

If I've not explained it properly, you can see what I mean here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=UCL%20Scarves%20and%20Pennants&portal=QF46ALFM&CMP=EMC-QF46ALFM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/p ... C-QF46ALFM</a>

Explained it thoroughly pal...

it is petty, you'd think they would of agreed to a pocket share of the profits rather than relying on their bankrupt government all the time.

I'm never one for buying this friendship scarf stuff, still spitting my dummy after Dortmund's Chief Exec spite against us.

I would've thought that part of the rules of participation is giving access to branding. Wouldnt be the first time the rules have been bent for the 'big boys' though. RM probably consider themselves above it all.
More charitably, it could be placeholder artwork, but seems a little unlikely...

buckotheblue said:
why do they have coms on? Should'nt it be etihad stadium?

We aren't allowed to call it the Etihad stadium during Chumps league as Etihad isn't an official sponsor or something?

This is what I was told.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.