From Francis, Tueart and Hutchison to Chris Jones, Bodak and Terry Park 81-83

I went to most of the games. All at home. A lot away. Liverpool league cup semi final away in 1981 was interesting.
I went to the away semi at Anfield and remember Gary Buckley absolutely roasting the Liverpool defence….he never really got a chance again after that.

What was the reason that the Reeves goal was disallowed for at Maine Road….watched the highlights on you tube and still cannot see a reason why.

I went to the away semi at Anfield and remember Gary Buckley absolutely roasting the Liverpool defence….he never really got a chance again after that.

What was the reason that the Reeves goal was disallowed for at Maine Road….watched the highlights on you tube and still cannot see a reason why.
Same reason Milner wasn’t sent off last month

It stands in my mind alongside the non penalty given at the swamp against Frontzeck. A staggeringly wrong decision. Apparently, the goal was disallowed because of a foul on the goaiie but it never, ever was a foul.
I still remember to this day, the Kippax and the club was absolutely buzzing that night and after just 5 minutes someone floated a cross towards the edge of the area and Clemence simply made a mistake and came for a ball he couldn't get and Reeves beat him to it and scored. As I understand it there were no protests by Liverpool. We went absolutely mad celebrating and it was only a minute or two later we realised it had been disallowed. Liverpool sort of held us at arms length after that but that early goal would obviously have made a big difference.

Unless I'm mistaking it for another incident, I'm sure the referee said after that it was disallowed for "illegal jumping". there was of course no such rule or offence.

There was an incident about some blues spitting at him or at least giving him dogs abuse after we got beat 4-0 at Brighton and he resigned after that. There were also the rumours that he would abandon the paperwork for a bit of "afternoon delight".
"Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight"
I was only 12 at the time and maybe someone can clarify but I have a recollection of Granada Reports doing a bit of investigative work (might've been that rag Anthony Wilson although I could be mistaken) in the wake of Bond's resignation and I think his alleged extra-curricular activities took them to a flat above a shop in Heaton Chapel near St Thomas's church and school. As I lived just a few minutes walk away from there at the time, I remember some of us discussing it at school the next day.

December 1982 proved a great turning point in my life. My son was born and Mrs KS decided to stop working. So here was me with highly reduced earnings, increased expenses and a large mortgage. No way could I afford to travel to Manchester regularly, especially to watch City nosedive. So I metamorphosed from a Kippax kid (aged 34!) to a stay away. Much regret, but I was hamstrung.
I did, however, see John Bond from time to time, waiting in his car near a local watering hole for the barmaid to join him.
My daughter was born in 1985 so it was not until the 90s and my income had increased that I was able to go again. Er, not a joyous return!
Sadly, my health has now deteriorated to the point where I am a stay away again, but I have the compensation of armchair watching the greatest City team of all time.
CITD, which won't be long now!
So, thank you Sheik, thank you Khaldoon, thank you Pep. (We trashed the rags Saturday, btw!).

Last edited:
Watched the Cup final on the TV in 81.

First game I went to was the FA Cup game against Watford in 1986 and from the following the following year I got my Kippax season ticket. We were bobbins most weeks, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.

It stands in my mind alongside the non penalty given at the swamp against Frontzeck. A staggeringly wrong decision. Apparently, the goal was disallowed because of a foul on the goaiie but it never, ever was a foul.
I still remember to this day, the Kippax and the club was absolutely buzzing that night and after just 5 minutes someone floated a cross towards the edge of the area and Clemence simply made a mistake and came for a ball he couldn't get and Reeves beat him to it and scored. As I understand it there were no protests by Liverpool. We went absolutely mad celebrating and it was only a minute or two later we realised it had been disallowed. Liverpool sort of held us at arms length after that but that early goal would obviously have made a big difference.
We were so unlucky (ripped off) in that whole tie, playing without Hutch, Gerry and Bobby, the lads who played couldn’t have given more, the second leg was 1-1, and I’m sure it was maybe Dave Bennett who hit the bar ? which, had it gone in, would have been absolutely deserved, and as BlueGaz mentioned, Gary Buckley was brilliant, nothing too fancy, just good old fashioned, direct wing play.

Can never find this game on you tube

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.