Fuck off Platini

Bobbyinho

All of a sudden they want to restrict wages to 50% of turnover!!!

Arsenal and Manchester United will have the least to fear out of English football's 'big four' if stringent restrictions on the spending on wages for Champions League clubs is introduced.
The European Clubs' Association meets in Geneva tomorrow and is expected to come up with proposals to limit the proportion of a club's income that they can spend on salaries.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, the chairman of Bayern Munich who heads the new ' body, is pushing for a 50% limit of turnover going on wages.

Among English clubs, Chelsea would have the most to fear from such a ruling - they spend 71% of their turnover on salaries.

Liverpool, according to the most recent figures available, would also be affected with 57% of turnover going on salaries.

Manchester United would have least to fear - they have made a policy of prudent spending on wages, and their current level is 43.6%.

Arsenal's proportion is also comparatively low at 45.4%, although this rises to 49% if the income from property sales at the old Highbury stadium is discounted.

Rummenigge said of his plan: "The 32 participants (in the Champions League] would have to meet certain conditions. Only 50% of the club's total revenues could be invested in wages."

UEFA president Michel Platini is keen on imposing limits and he has already met with Rummenigge for talks on action.

Speaking in London last week, Platini used Manchester City's £100m bid to sign Kaka as an example of why some restraints were needed.

Platini said: "Clubs have to operate within their income.

"How one guy can cost 150million euro is ridiculous from a social, football and financial point of view.

"It's why we have to do something to have a transparency and a fairness in football. It's not good for the popularity of football."

If it comes in we'll just have some very lucrative sponsorships. Revenue goes up and everyone is happy.

Platini can still fuck off though, how does a rule that limits clubs from competing help the integrity of the support.

i dont know if anyone has posted this before but didnt the premier league just agree a deal with sky or whoever for 1.3 billion?Also its 30 years ago since trevor francis became the first £1million pound player..dont remember the world coming to an end in 1979..o hang on i got married that year

mike channon´s windmill said:
And where does the bit about clubs not being able to carry huge burdens of debt?

yeah

what about the clubs who are in debt? for millions already

exileindevon said:
i dont know if anyone has posted this before but didnt the premier league just agree a deal with sky or whoever for 1.3 billion?Also its 30 years ago since trevor francis became the first £1million pound player..dont remember the world coming to an end in 1979..o hang on i got married that year

I got married that year as well, 22nd Sept - you still with her?

I have a much better idea.

Create a league, we'll call it the cunts league for now, consisting of 6 or so clubs. They play each other 10 times a season and both sets of players are above the rules of the game. At the end of the season they all win a trophy and Sky, the tabloids and the morons all have one fuck off circle jerk.

Meanwhile in football land we have a decent league that's exciting, competitive and relatively twat free.

TheMightyQuinn said:

Create a league, we'll call it the ***** league for now, consisting of 6 or so clubs. They play each other 10 times a season and both sets of players are above the rules of the game. At the end of the season they all win a trophy and Sky, the tabloids and the morons all have one fuck off circle jerk.

Meanwhile in football land we have a decent league that's exciting, competitive and relatively twat free.

as soon as city and villa win anything they'll create a european league for the 'ELITE' 14

of europe, and fuck us off.

Dump rule IMO, this way the fifa and those on charge are trying to close the door on any rising club to replace the current elite in europe!!

What makes this sport interesting is the constant change in it. You see clubs rising and others falling thats the beauty of this game. Only top clubs are benefiting from this rule, the rest (majority of clubs out there) are not.....

blue dallas said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Create a league, we'll call it the ***** league for now, consisting of 6 or so clubs. They play each other 10 times a season and both sets of players are above the rules of the game. At the end of the season they all win a trophy and Sky, the tabloids and the morons all have one fuck off circle jerk.

as soon as city and villa win anything they'll create a european league for the 'ELITE' 14

of europe, and fuck us off.

An idea I used to be dead against but these days I couldnt care less.

I just want to watch City play a team and for there to be no wankery involved, no dodgy pens, no one sent off for no reason, no one allowed to stay on the pitch despite being a cheat, no moaning old french tossers mithering about us and our money. Fuck off, where was he when the rags were buying wio, wooney or even fucking cole?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.