Fulham (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

That was a reminder that there's no such thing as 'easy' games. Especially away from home.

Credit to Fulham and their staff. They set up well and made it very difficult for us.
Tough to watch, but we were trying to save energy. Fulham are a seriously dangerous side. Alvarez has world class talent - of that there is no doubt and he works his bollocks off. I'd love to see him become a regular, but all of the existing regulars (rotation regulars I suppose) continue to put in stellar performances.

This season the team shape changes so much from game to game, I think Pep worked out a way of keeping the other team's managers thinking with the team sheets, vs arsenal we looked on paper 3.5.1.1 but was more 4.4.2 with Walker and Akanji playing fullbacks and stones and Dias centre, So fulham manager looking at the team sheet thought ok same sort of setup but stones played in midfield and walker and Akanji sort of tucked in,

sometimes it's not easy watching and you feel the result is the bigger picture, So we tighten up at the back and sort of hide the ball or keep it moving forward and back to limit the other team's chance of having the ball, I also notice that when we play like this we can panic at the back at times and silly mistakes happen, Dias and Ederson made life hard and did some crazy stuff but we got away with it,
Agreed. Ederson had me worried on Sunday.

I’m afraid it has become something of a joke to me how often when City put in a below average performance, which will happen in approximately half their games, people come on here and describe it as shite or crap.

City almost never put in a remotely shite performance. Their performance level mostly goes from pretty decent to exceptional.

We were awful at Southampton in the Carbao but that is an exception.
I guess everything is relative. If I shoot 80 at golf, I'd be pretty pleased but Tiger Woods would say that was crap.

We set incredibly high standards and when we are woefully below our usual standard - which I think we were on Sunday - then I understand when people say we played crap.

I guess everything is relative. If I shoot 80 at golf, I'd be pretty pleased but Tiger Woods would say that was crap.

We set incredibly high standards and when we are woefully below our usual standard - which I think we were on Sunday - then I understand when people say we played crap.

We weren't woefully below our usual standard.

no but last twenty got very edgy more so with eddie running out
Yes, because we've had 3 high profile, season defining games in 8 days, & Fulham made it 4 in 12.

Mate, we did what we needed to do. At this late stage of the season, it's about the points, not performances & to be fair, all things considered we weren't THAT bad...

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.