Fulham (A) - Sat 11th May, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.
You don’t think that we may be a bit more susceptible to a counter attack if Doku plays?
The whole point of Kovacic playing is because he can carry it, doesn’t panic under pressure, he works hard when we’re out of possession and reads the game as good as anyone else in our team. He takes some of the pressure off Rodri which actually allows Rodri to move further up the pitch and hence assist, like he did yesterday.
I would fully expect the team to remain the same for the rest of the season, barring any injuries. Not only is that our best team but it also gives us some great options from the bench.
Totally agree with your comments

If we win at Fulham that will be the first time this season we win 7 league games in a row.

Didn't think we would need to win 8-9 games in a row but Arsenal are doing a bit better than expected. They have dropped just 8 pts in the 2nd half of the season, a bit like the 1st half of last season.

Their problem is that City are doing even better than them: we have dropped 6 points in the 2nd half of this season and just 8 pts in the last 20 league games.

This to me is the critical game. Obviously they all have to be won, but Spurs and West Ham look totally washed up currently and I'd be shocked if we didn't get the job done against both of them.

This to me is the critical game. Obviously they all have to be won, but Spurs and West Ham look totally washed up currently and I'd be shocked if we didn't get the job done against both of them.
It is also critical in the fact that should we win,it cranks the pressure on arsenal playing catch up so to speak ..

I am ready now ! Again . This weeks rest is doing my nerves no good, looking foward to the last three games being in next week , hope the shark mentality has clicked in

Given that we haven't won 7 PL games in a row this season, this might be considered the critical game.

But Spurs weren't that bad vs Arsenal at all. Actually, they could have drawn the game if some refereeing decisions had gone their way. If Spurs beat Burnley and Villa lose/draw vs Liverpool, Spurs will have a (theoretical) chance to make the top 4. West Ham are a completely different case.

Last edited:
Wolves didn’t take advantage? You were watching a different match to me. 20 goal attempts v 2, 12 on target v 1. A massacre more like
I was referring to Wolves not taking advantage of our sub par performance in the first half (score line aside!!).

Pep's post match comments would appear to confirm he watched a different match to you also :

"You see the result 5-1 [today] but I don’t have the feeling that was really good.

We lost a lot of balls, simple ones."

"It looks comfortable but it was not. In the end we created more chances but in the transition we were not precise in the last pass."

I am confident he will make changes to the starting line up to ensure we are better in the first half against Fulham and we will need to be.
CTID

Given that we haven't won 7 PL games in a row this season, this might be considered the critical game.

But Spurs weren't that bad vs Arsenal at all. Actually, they could have drawn the game if some refereeing decisions had gone their way. If Spurs beat Burnley and Villa lose/draw vs Liverpool, Spurs will have a (theoretical) chance to make the top 4. West Ham are a completely different case.
Agreed.
That’s why I was really disappointed they (Villa) didn’t beat Brighton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.