Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I’m away on holiday so watched on TV, I was surprised it was allowed to stand. I’d have been fuming if was against us. On second thoughts though, I agree with you we’re working to a different benchmark now
Fulham got what they deserved from the match...nothing. They wasted time from the first minute and indulged in disgusting fake head injury tactics, encouraged by their moronic manager. It was pure karma when we got that goal before half time. Their fans filled less than half the away section. I dont have a shred of sympathy for them. They managed two shots on target in 90 minutes.

Thought we were extremely lethargic and expected to win .... and so did the players

Our early season fixtures have been very kind to us and we need to improve drastically
Akanji cannot play that hybrid role and I hope that's the last time we try him there

I think in the last ten minutes I saw half the team that will start vs Newcastle in the Carabao

I didn’t see the game but I generally agree with this. I wonder whether though the team is conditioned to find gears when needed?

They admitted that was a monumental error in the end and its not a similar situation to today. I don't care about other instances or some sense of things evening themselves out, you judge things in isolation. Akanji has interfered with play however you look at it and it's a huge cock up from the officials. There's really no point in denying that.

Going in at halftime 2-1 down instead of 1-1 away at the etihad is a game changer. If it's the 5th goal in injury time it's inconsequential but that was a major turning point in the game.

Yes it did. If akanji isn't there the keeper knows exactly where the ball is heading, whether he then saves it, we can't know but akanji being there means the keeper cannot react until the ball is past akanji I really don't see how anybody can genuinely argue that shouldn't have been disallowed
Even if it hadn’t been allowed I still think we would have stepped it up second half and won. Fulham are a decent team but they looked tired last 15 minutes.
Agree though refereeing was shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.