Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Thought we were extremely lethargic and expected to win .... and so did the players

Our early season fixtures have been very kind to us and we need to improve drastically
Akanji cannot play that hybrid role and I hope that's the last time we try him there

I think in the last ten minutes I saw half the team that will start vs Newcastle in the Carabao

The MEN....lol. He deserves a higher mark for his run for Haaland's hat trick goal.

Gomez (for Doku, 76) Didn't do much in a game that was already won. 6

Game of two halves.
We had less control in the first half than I can remember at the Etihad since Peps arrival.

I think the biggest cause was Akanji being in midfield. He's great with space to run into and bringing the ball out. But he can't play in tight spaces on the half turn.
When we brought him back pushed Walker up and Foden inside it gave us much better control in the middle and an out ball was always on to Walker.

I'm glad Paulinha want playing they were well set up but a bit short of quality.

Game of two halves.
We had less control in the first half than I can remember at the Etihad since Peps arrival.

I think the biggest cause was Akanji being in midfield. He's great with space to run into and bringing the ball out. But he can't play in tight spaces on the half turn.
When we brought him back pushed Walker up and Foden inside it gave us much better control in the middle and an out ball was always on to Walker.

I'm glad Paulinha want playing they were well set up but a bit short of quality.
I thought it was down to us being overrun in midfield. Foden and Alvarez didnt give the passing options to Rodri and Kovacic, hence loads of missed passes.

If Fish Fingers wasn't interfering last year, then, by fuck, Akanji may as well been in the departure lounge at manny Airport when Ake headed the ball, cos thats the interferring benchmark I work on from now on, as far as I'm concerned!!!
It was a goal, and a cracker from Ake.
I’m away on holiday so watched on TV, I was surprised it was allowed to stand. I’d have been fuming if was against us. On second thoughts though, I agree with you we’re working to a different benchmark now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.