Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I know this might sound hyperbolic and premature... but I'm gonna say it anyway.

It's really hard to see how anybody beats us while Kovacic and Rodri are in the middle. They are so dominant in there it's unreal. They are bullying everybody, it's men against boys stuff. Even when one of them has an off day (almost never) the other just steps in.

We've conceded 2 goals in 4 games, one an awful mistake and the other a set piece. We have conceded 5 shots on target in 4 games. To repeat that. 5 shots on target in 4 whole fucking games.

I know we will face sterner tests, but these guys are the key to it all. You get zero change from them.
Mate, the bbc stats show that we conceded 4 shots on target in the Fulham game alone! Where are you getting your stats from?!

Attachments

• IMG_4707.png
    IMG_4707.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 36
The debate about the second goal and Akanji's part in it is interesting. TBH I thought it would be flagged as offside..... and in my view it probably was offside. However, you think about that diabolical decision against utd last season and in my opinion that was offside as well......but it wasn't given. So if you're going to allow that goal to stand then you have to allow this goal to stand. Eddie didn't know whether to go left, right or stand still with Rashford and Fernandes bearing down on him - and either player could have taken a shot. Was Akanji interfering with play more than Rashford? No. Sometimes these refs and VAR make a rod for their own back with inept decisions......and then it comes back to bite them in the arse.

Perhaps my ageing eyes but those touches and the assist were reminiscent of david.
I can go even further back than that, which may be a sign that at my age I don't watch football so much as the ghost of seasons past! Gomez will never be another David but then it's hard to believe anyone will! I must say Kovacic reminds me much of the time as a Peter Reid style player - always there to receive and never any fuss. Going back even further Bernado sometimes has more than a hint of Bobby Johnson, a player I idolised, though that may just be the pull of the past! I have to say noone reminds me of our striking Viking who is simply unrivallable. We old codgers have seen some players though. "Isn't it great to be a blue!"

They cheated with their player falling down clutching his head after heading a free kick from Foden just before half time and most of their players ran off the pitch for a drink. Despicable behaviour because one day someone will suffer a real head injury. They tried it again in the second half (ironically when they were 2-1 down). They tried to con the referee. I have zero respect for them unlike Brentford who beat us last season without cheating. I am sick of teams faking head injuries and Marco Silva got what he deserved.
Spot on. Marco Silva is just a surly ****. They were lucky to get a shitty goal and deserved fuck all.

Fantastic that we haven't got out of third gear yet but have 12 points. Invincible season incoming?

Well played City!

We weren't anywhere near our best and our passing was way off in the 1st half.

We took control in the second half and looked more ourselves. Foden was brilliant i thought, as well as Kovacic and Alvarez.

Doku had a steady debut, he generally kept the ball well and showed his speed taking on the fullback, if he does that regularly that will give us another great weapon.

All the subs did well, especially Bernie, who is so good, and a lovely piece of play from Gomez for the 5th.

We're running out of superlatives for Erling - what an incredible striker he is!
We never seem to smash Fulham always a cagey game. Today's game doesn't feel like a 5-1 hammering

I can go even further back than that, which may be a sign that at my age I don't watch football so much as the ghost of seasons past! Gomez will never be another David but then it's hard to believe anyone will! I must say Kovacic reminds me much of the time as a Peter Reid style player - always there to receive and never any fuss. Going back even further Bernado sometimes has more than a hint of Bobby Johnson, a player I idolised, though that may just be the pull of the past! I have to say noone reminds me of our striking Viking who is simply unrivallable. We old codgers have seen some players though. "Isn't it great to be a blue!"
Oh thats a good comparison with Reid though-quite similar gait and style of running with the ball. Great spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.