Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

1st half we were as poor as we've been for a while. It was just chaotic in the final and middle third and not the type of game that suits us. Apart from Rodri, nobody really took control of the game and slowed it down. Some of the passing was so poor and rushed. I thought Fulham set up really well against us and passed it around nicely 1st half. We were luck to go in 2-1 up half time as we didn't deserve it.

2nd half we played better without really creating alot. Kovacic started to get his foot on the ball more in deeper positions alongside Rodri, and we were stringing alot more passes together frustrating Fulham. We were absolutely clinical when we had our chances and deserved to win in the end. I thought we played alot better against Sheffield Utd last week yet only won 2-1.

The 2nd goal was a poor decision, but thankfully had no bearing on the result. That won't stop Fulham and people whining about it though.

Just back-although Foden and Haaland will steal the headlines, I thought Kovacics was superb.

After a disjointed first half the tactical change second half with Akanji staying right of a back 3 and Foden playing inside and Walker as a wing back worked to perfection-gave us the midfield control that was lacking first 45.
Yep, Hologram Pep did his thing at half time and reset us.

When he finally has enough of Manchester, we should offer him to do the job remotely from his house in Catalonia. It seems to work well.

Love Akanji but he is not a Jonny Stones. Rodri was fantastic last season because Stones drove on with the ball or moved the ball forward by-passing Rodri to the 8 or 9 then back to Rodri to collect the ball facing the right way. Today, with Akanji passing sideways and backwards Rodri spent the whole game facing Ederson. IMHO when Stones is not available, play Akanji in the back four and Rodri and Kovacic in the double pivot with Foden/Silva in front.

Foden MOTM, every time he got the ball everyone around me in SS3 got excited and expected he will do something and very rarely did he disappoint.

Average performance, but our average yields a 5-1 win against a mid table team which shows where we are these days.

From where I was sat, I was adamant that it was either Nunes or Gvardiol coming on, and not Phillips; but he did alright for 15 minutes so fair play.
Your first sentence shows how good we are these days,average performance means defeat for just about everybody other than top 6.

Well apparently running towards the ball isnt intefering with play and i also disagree with the fact that it changed the course of the game 2, it was just be4 half time, they could have come out fired up, annoyed by the injustice of it, jesus if we went to pieces every time a dodgy decision was given against us, we'd have been relegated
Both decisions were offside, and always have been since i remember.
But i agree, their manager's moaning about it but his team had all 2nd half to get back in the game, yet hardly created anything let alone look like scoring.
If it was in the 95th minute i could understand his rant but not when they had all 2nd half to put things right.
His shite tactics were why they lost!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.