Fulham (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Ģ
Fulham got what they deserved from the match...nothing. They wasted time from the first minute and indulged in disgusting fake head injury tactics, encouraged by their moronic manager. It was pure karma when we got that goal before half time. Their fans filled less than half the away section. I dont have a shred of sympathy for them. They managed two shots on target in 90 minutes.
Apart from your last sentence, this is total crap. Fulham set up well against us and managed to frustrate us in the 1st half. Our quality came through in the end but they will take a few scalps from other teams like Arse.

I like Marco Silva. He sets up Fulham well. Good manager, but he does need to sort his temperament out. He's gonna spend a long time sat in the stands at this rate.
We FOCs' from CBL3 just wonder what happened to grace 'n dignity in the face of a bloody good thrashing?

Ģ

Apart from your last sentence, this is total crap. Fulham set up well against us and managed to frustrate us in the 1st half. Our quality came through in the end but they will take a few scalps from other teams like Arse.
They cheated with their player falling down clutching his head after heading a free kick from Foden just before half time and most of their players ran off the pitch for a drink. Despicable behaviour because one day someone will suffer a real head injury. They tried it again in the second half (ironically when they were 2-1 down). They tried to con the referee. I have zero respect for them unlike Brentford who beat us last season without cheating. I am sick of teams faking head injuries and Marco Silva got what he deserved.

Haaland saying it was ofside and how unhappy he would of been if that goal was allowed! Yep was ofside but the media and especially the Fulham manager going on as if we come out at 1-1 seconds half and low that game we were awful first half! We were always coming out second half playing far better and we are a strong in the last ten mins of all our Games at home, we would of still win 3-1 or 4-2!

Game of two halves.
We had less control in the first half than I can remember at the Etihad since Peps arrival.

I think the biggest cause was Akanji being in midfield. He's great with space to run into and bringing the ball out. But he can't play in tight spaces on the half turn.
When we brought him back pushed Walker up and Foden inside it gave us much better control in the middle and an out ball was always on to Walker.

I'm glad Paulinha want playing they were well set up but a bit short of quality.
Thought we were extremely lethargic and expected to win .... and so did the players

Our early season fixtures have been very kind to us and we need to improve drastically
Akanji cannot play that hybrid role and I hope that's the last time we try him there

I think in the last ten minutes I saw half the team that will start vs Newcastle in the Carabao
We were very sloppy first half. Conceding a goal so quickly after scoring and then we almost did the same again after the 3rd goal when they should really have scored. We need to sharpen up from that first half performance. I don’t like Akanji in that role. Just clutters the midfield.

Average performance, but our average yields a 5-1 win against a mid table team which shows where we are these days.

From where I was sat, I was adamant that it was either Nunes or Gvardiol coming on, and not Phillips; but he did alright for 15 minutes so fair play.

Just back-although Foden and Haaland will steal the headlines, I thought Kovacics was superb.

After a disjointed first half the tactical change second half with Akanji staying right of a back 3 and Foden playing inside and Walker as a wing back worked to perfection-gave us the midfield control that was lacking first 45.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.