Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Three points and a couple of good goals. Not the best performance. The midfield was completely overrun at times and for about twenty minutes of the second half we were second best, we couldn't get hold of the ball.
Thankfully Traore is fast and nothing else.
Haaland should have been selfish and shot rather than passing to Bernardo who then passed it back to the keeper.
Kovacic was good, the second goal was lovely.

Well that was wank.
Lucky 3 points today.
Mainly because of Eddie - take note.
Missed Rodders today massively.
3 points though…

Fulham looked really good and we could quite easily of lost that. We didn’t though which bodes well as I think we can improve a lot. Really tough without Kev and rodders but we will need to get over that.

Totally lost control of the game for 15-20 mins of the second half which is very unlike us.

But like someone posted the other week I thought we’d have had a worse start because of fatigue so the fact we are grinding out points is great.

Nice goals too
I know why you would say we lost control for the 15 - 20 mins, but Fulham are a decent side in a good period. Sometimes we have to concede possession and defend. That is football. We can’t achieve perfection every game. I hope we can find a solution to our midfield. We should never be reliant on one player. We need options - Pep knows this.. We may resolve our problems, we may not.. that’s football. I will enjoy it, like I did today. Btw if you didn’t enjoy today , you must have missed/ forgotten Doku’s winner. I can still remember losing at home to Stockport County..

Congrats for the 3 points in that shaky performance

For Kovacic starting to find the goal

For Gvardiol brilliant consistency

For Doku's wonder rocket

I thought Pep made a mistake with his subs, I felt we needed Savio in the RW and Bernardo in the middle instead of Gundogan

I know why you would say we lost control for the 15 - 20 mins, but Fulham are a decent side in a good period. Sometimes we have to concede possession and defend. That is football. We can’t achieve perfection every game. I hope we can find a solution to our midfield. We should never be reliant on one player. We need options - Pep knows this.. We may resolve our problems, we may not.. that’s football. I will enjoy it, like I did today. Btw if you didn’t enjoy today , you must have missed/ forgotten Doku’s winner. I can still remember losing at home to Stockport County..
It was a cracking game and a great strike from Jezza

We overcommited by having our CBs so high up the pitch but with none of them contributing anything other than clogging up space.

We are too slow in passing and our passing was very innacurate at times. So we create very few genuine chances.

Our midfielders pretend to defend sometimes. Every one of them really. Even Bernardo can't be bothered tracking back sometimes.

But...

I'm convinced that Pep sort of likes the poor performances early in the season so he can use them as evidence of a continued improvement as the season progresses and us not peaking too soon in the season.
Totally agree regarding the amount of bodies we commit forward. 20 players in the final third makes things tough. Also means we can be countered on and have to defend running backwards. It was an issue last season too but obviously it “worked”. I just don’t like it tho. Still it’s a good job I’m not the gaffer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.