Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Oh, but fair play to Ederson! Two great saves with Traore who made Lewis look like an 8 year old and Walker look like a 48 year old.
I can honestly say that's the first time I've seen Walker skinned in a foot race. Tbf, Traore is no slouch either, & if Kyle had touched Traore, he could've been sent off. But still, it could be the first signs of ole father time catching up with the Sheffield Stallion.

At his advancing years, Walker needs to put City before England. If he doesn't, he could end up losing his place for both.

Why have I been banned from the Doku thread? I'm one of the few posters on here who has consistently defended him, for Pete's sake.

A wins a win but bloody that defensive performance was one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time and ruban Dias need to up his game because many more like that and he will be on his bike .

No such thing as a bad win, but fuck we made hard work of that.

Grealish looked so pedestrian today, normally he holds the ball to take a 2nd defender out of position and create space but on the times he actually beat his man he just decided to reset and pass backwards.

Lewis got bullied at times in defence, I dont think long term he's a defender. In midfield he seems to play better anyway.

They're so scared of going direct to Haaland sometimes and I can't figure out why.

Ederson absolutely bailed us out a couple of times. Should never have come to that.

Got away with it again for the second time this season at home against middling opposition. They beat us today and deservedly so if they could finish and Ederson didn't bail us out multiple times. Make no mistake, we've got some big issues to solve. Anybody dismissing it because it's early and we always start slow has the blinkers on. We can't control games, we cannot defend very well at all and we cannot reliably create chances for the best striker on earth.

We cannot lose the best Central midfielder on the planet for the season, have no natural alternative and yet still try and play the same way, it just won't work, you'll get an inferior imitation of the team we were and that wont cut it this season.

We need to change drastically to better suit what we do have available, we cannot have the control we are used to with the players we have so we cannot play that way. We need to find other strengths in thr squad.

In my eyes we need to quicken our game up in possession substantially, we have the players that would arguably suit this better with the likes of foden, kdb, doku and savinho behind haaland, let them take more risks, don't let their first thought be to keep the ball and we start when there's 11 men behind the ball. It'll mean less control but it should help us create much more and we compensate for less control by not throwing so many men ahead of the ball in possession, Create a solid back 4 unit that's in position when we lose it and not constantly trying to cover for one another when we lose the ball.

Good result today, it had dropped points written all other it but Pep's got a lot of work to do. Internationals have come at a good time for once.
Every time the opposition miss it’s we get away with it yet when we miss it’s ignored.

Absolute bollocks, we win and deserved to do whilst playing poorly by our usual standards.

Delighted with the threw points, I knew this would be a tough game today, Fulham play really good football and we are missing key players.

Hopefully we can find a solution to adapt to playing with Rodri, We are so vulnerable in transition.

Personally I think it's key to play Bernie alongside Kovavic whilst Rodri is missing, He's wasted out wide in my opinion, We look a far more lively side with Savinho and Doku in wide areas.

I thought Silva outplayed Pep today. I dont think it was our players, everyone (Bar a couple ) were not that bad. But tactically I thought we made it harder than it should be.

Lewis was off his game. So too Grealish. Other than that everyone played well I thought.

@Mods, can we have a Wanker button for use in just the Matchday thread?

HATE BEING NEGATIVE BUT RED LIGHTS FLASHING..

Other teams are younger, faster, hungrier than us and we look old, slow, tepid, uncreative and cannot get balls through to our striker. MASSIVELY lucky tonight and had to work for it.

We need signings come January and we have to get them right as I think other teams will challenge us more this season since we're leaking goals without Rodri.

I have to say Haaland and Akanji were our best players today.. Gvardiol good.. Kovacic bit lucky with the goals.. but what a Doku strike. Great call to sub him on.

HARD EARNED 3 POINTS! Fulham are a really good team.. could see them snap top 4 if they keep this up.
In what way was the 2nd goal from Kovacic lucky?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.