Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Yes.
So why is Pep not using him in there?
I think Pep is prioritising C/L tbh and will use JS for those matches and the more difficult league games
Pep probably thought that the team he fielded today would win without too much trouble.
I don't think City have much to worry about at this early stage.
Injuries and Rico's form (i think). You either have the RB roaming or the CB stepping in but not both.

Fulham will finish top 8. Good side. Them and Brentford have been deceptively tough home games and we've just about navigated them both. Bit worried by the gap that formed behind our midfield when Akanji went off but that's for Pep to solve, which he always does.
Manager lined up for the rags in January. So no….

We were very laboured today. Our passing was sloppy generally and our midfield looked tired. We struggled to create opportunities after the first 15 and then the raggedness spread to our defence and Fulham scored. They could and should have gone 2 up; that would have been a struggle for us to get back from that. Jack and Bernardo are fantastic footballers, but they have become too predictable and largely ineffective.
We got a fortunate equaliser, then scored a great goal straight after half time, then we appeared to try and keep position and see the game out with over 30 mins of the 90 still to play. I feared the equaliser was coming, but then Doku scored a belter. We then allowed Fulham plenty of possession and it was thanks to Eddy and some good blocks we saw it through. Thankfully KDB may be ready for Wolves, we desperately need him and Foden firing. So glad we got the 3rd, before they got their 2nd. Very frustrating today, but take 3 points and move on.

Don't underestimate how good a team Fulham are.

We were not playing Oldham Athletic. The absence of Rodri is a real issue. KDB has been in good form, but not available. Ake another very good player out. We also have one or two at the cameo stage of their career, and Foden, for whatever reason, is not up to speed yet.

So, on balance, a good result.
Fulham hardly put a ball out of play all game. No comparison with the team we used to put 5 past a decade ago. Brentford were good too.

I like this competitive league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.