Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Still trying to figure out what he did on Traore's first breakaway. He had position and the ball at his feet. Seemed like all he had to do was pass back to Ederson. He really effed that up. He gets too easily knocked off the ball and that's my biggest critique of him.
I only remember Rico getting rinsed once by Traore all game

Yet walker was completely rinsed within 5 mins

thought Rico did well overall

That was the best game Fulham have played this season. And Howe said publicly last week that Newcastle's game against us was the best they've played this season. That's what happens when you're the champions. It's a kind of compliment.
But we're still there, nicely tucked in. And I'll tell you what — we may not be quite firing, but both Arsenal and Liverpool have got cracks that are papered over to some extent. Interesting season. Any one of three could win it. No-one else has got a cat in hell's chance, in my opinion.
Have Liverpool actually played anyone of note yet ?

Next week against Chelsea should be interested

A narrow hard fought win, which was to be expected: Fulham have continually improved under Marco Silva and have the pace, aggression and technical quality to cause plenty of teams, including us, problems but City’s quality remains several notches above and City won again.

The defending does need to improve. Giving up some chances on the counter when we commit so many forward is understandable but cocnedeing two goals when there are plenty of men back is not what we should see from these players.

With KDB out, I’d like to see Kova, Bernie and Phil as the midfield. At the moment I’d prefer Gundo to be coming off the bench: that’s where he has been most effective this season.

Pep is still looking for his best team this season and has not been helped by injuries and players needing to get back to their best.

I just hope City will get add a midfielder in January who has pace and aggression to go with the requisite technical ability to play for City. I also hope Echeverri is good enough to go straight into the squad.

Whatever issues City have at the moment, they remain unbeaten this season and have still only lost one competitive game this calendar year. Things could be worse.
Agree with all that.

Reactions: OB1
Pity we dont have any players than can wing back really with this setup, have the width from players trying to run onto the ball rather than static and waiting for it, then having to stand the man up.

You are Wio and I claim my £5
giphy.gif

I thought Kova away from his goals was poor. Feels like he's never in position when we're defending.

Might be judging him harshly but every time Fulham put a cross in I just kept thinking Rodri would have read that.
That’s a quite big deduction to scratch two goals off. And you expect to see him in defensive position every time the opponent break through? Man city will face the real problem once Kova pull his hamstring. Just One man cannot run the whole midfield no matter who he is.

I loved it just before the end when Pep was so incensed he not only came out of his own technical area but right across and out of the opposition technical area! *rofl*

Luckily Marco Silva had gone off for a rest or something.

Did the referee give Pep a yellow card? We couldn’t make our minds up if it was Pep or one of the players. :-)
Eccles Blue
Apparently Pep was yellow carded for applauding the referee after he yellow carded Ederson for “time wasting”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.