Fulham pubs

mcfcliam said:
bluevengence said:
mcfcliam said:
Yeah, you have the whole to London to booze in.

Fulham is the best for a day out. I do hope people don't drink in a hovel by the away end as they'll be missing out on a top day.

Go to Hammersmith.

I shall be doing my imbibing across the bridge in Putney

What are the prices like in Putney?

Hammersmith is a bit hit and miss but some really good pubs so will probably head there. Get into Euston at 8:30am so plenty of time.

Dunno ...never been there

If you're an ale fan there is a pub over the bridge into Putney and just back from the river called the Bricklayers Arms. Top quality boozer that has won all sorts of CAMRA awards for its beers.

Can anyone recomend a god pub in manchester city centre that will be showing city on sat. usually go bee hive for aways not on tele but out all day for my birthday sat so wanna watch in town. Thanks

Instead of the tube, get the overland train to Putney from Waterloo or Vauxhall and past Battersea Power Station. Turn right out of the station and a less than five-minute walk gets you to two top boozers on your left, next to the bridge and the Thames, and a short walk through the park to the away end. Pricey but decent beer and food, and all the barmaids are fit posh totty like Kate Middleton. Myself, salford Paul and assorted other gentlemen will be there early doors chancing our finest Mancunian charm and wit on the upper classes.

LongsightM13 said:
Instead of the tube, get the overland train to Putney from Waterloo or Vauxhall and past Battersea Power Station. Turn right out of the station and a less than five-minute walk gets you to two top boozers on your left, next to the bridge and the Thames, and a short walk through the park to the away end. Pricey but decent beer and food, and all the barmaids are fit posh totty like Kate Middleton. Myself, salford Paul and assorted other gentlemen will be there early doors chancing our finest Mancunian charm and wit on the upper classes.

Exactly what I'd do if coming from Manchester too. Victoria Line to Vauxhall, pick up the Putney train there and then you have loads of top boozers on Putney High Street and towards the river to choose from. Lovely stuff.

Ruddles81 said:
LongsightM13 said:

Exactly what I'd do if coming from Manchester too. Victoria Line to Vauxhall, pick up the Putney train there and then you have loads of top boozers on Putney High Street and towards the river to choose from. Lovely stuff.

Craven Cottage is on the river and a great day out. Choose Putney. Everything you could want for food and drink is on the high street. Hammersmith is hit and miss and an uninspiring walk to the ground through terraced streets that brings you to the wrong end.

Choose Putney. Plenty of decent pubs and a great stroll across the bridge and along the park by the river that takes you to the away end.

There is a pub near Putney Bridge tube station where City fans congregate outside and where you could stop off on your way to the ground. This is on the Fulham side of the river. Others may know the name of the pub.

mcfcliam said:
bluevengence said:
mcfcliam said:
Yeah, you have the whole to London to booze in.

Fulham is the best for a day out. I do hope people don't drink in a hovel by the away end as they'll be missing out on a top day.

Go to Hammersmith.

Hammersmith is a bit hit and miss but some really good pubs so will probably head there. Get into Euston at 8:30am so plenty of time.

If the price of beer is a concern, there are Weatherspoons in Hammersmith and Putney. Otherwise prices are similar at most places. For me it is the day out and Fulham is one of the best away games.

Why not do Putney before the match and walk up to Hammersmith after?

spiny said:
mcfcliam said:
bluevengence said:

If the price of beer is a concern, there are Weatherspoons in Hammersmith and Putney. Otherwise prices are similar at most places. For me it is the day out and Fulham is one of the best away games.

Prices aren't a concern mate, I don't mind paying extra for a brilliant day out which Fulham is.

I like to venture away from where everyone else is (away pubs etc) and have a beer in several pubs where we don't have to queue for 15 minutes to get served & no hassle from the police telling you what to do. That's the best thing about London, you can go where you want without being herded into a shite pub 5 minutes from the ground. Lack of imagination if you ask me.

mcfcliam said:
spiny said:
mcfcliam said:

Prices aren't a concern mate, I don't mind paying extra for a brilliant day out which Fulham is.

I like to venture away from where everyone else is (away pubs etc) and have a beer in several pubs where we don't have to queue for 15 minutes to get served & no hassle from the police telling you what to do. That's the best thing about London, you can go where you want without being herded into a shite pub 5 minutes from the ground. Lack of imagination if you ask me.

Sort of agree with this. I've always drank around Putney High Street, but we're staying in Hammersmith this weekend, so will prob go there before the game, Putney afterwards.

Weather looks pretty decent, so anywhere with an oudoor area will be good. Any recommendations, Liam?

Ruddles81 said:
If you're an ale fan there is a pub over the bridge into Putney and just back from the river called the Bricklayers Arms. Top quality boozer that has won all sorts of CAMRA awards for its beers.

Fook me!...i shall risk missing the match if i get in there early doors,probably
end up joining in with the Hammersmith morris dancers after a few timothy taylors etc

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bricklayers-arms.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bricklayers-arms.co.uk/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.