Fulham Vs City Post Match Thread

manimanc said:
TCIB said:
Huge win that, huge win.
I don't usually make a fuss but this was big...

At 2-2 it was put to us, we either did or died.
That was the only response any team with eyes on the title could make.
We had to do this or imo we would be screwed based on away results.

Really happy with that response, elated even.
That's a cracking post mate, in a nutshell. ...

Did you get that old familiar feeling of emptiness at 2-2 ?.
I don't flap and i was feeling it so i knew it was big.
We don't need Hansen to tell us how important that was.

That is 4 wins in the last 5 away (all competitions), a tangible mark of improvement away i would say.

Two interesting gifs for you:

Beast's pass which you've all seen:
gydxKP5.gif

And also Jesus' pace. It's incredible and very evident in this one.
Rgo6rKy.gif

Very good win, proud of the lads tonight

Re: Fulham v City post match thread

rastus said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
got away with that one a bit, but having the right team on at the end won us the game, please learn the lesson Pelle.
Fingers crossed. Also Clichy struggled at RB and Hart should have done better for their 1st imo. Superb subs and comeback well done
This place is beyond mental at times.

Few things that I noticed:

Not confident enough to say Hart is "back" but he made some quality saves, especially from one particular Taarabt strike. Hopefully he'll be a starter against Liverpool. God knows we need him and Kompany and their best to stop Suarez.

Yaya is just a machine. His free kicks look like a golf swing.

The Dzeko-Negredo partnership is way too top heavy. I don't even see it working all that well at home. Their skill sets are not complementary at all.

This was the game that solidified Pellegrini's game tactics for me. He wants to play the 4-4-2 because it's a system that City can use top to bottom, first team to youth. Glad to see he was willing to stack the midfield against a Fulham side that really played with quality.

Let's just get a result against Liverpool. Honestly, a draw would be ok for me, considering that either Chelsea or Arsenal will drop points come Monday.

Good grief, we were well in charge of that one then looked like we could go on and lose 3-2. all credit to the guys though, kept pushing forward looking to win it and win it we did, in the end quite comfortably. Those of you dissing MP may care to remember we blew a 2 goal lead against the same lot in our title winning season and didn't go on to snatch a win in that match like we did today.
A few weeks ago we were 8th after losing at Sunderland, now we are right back in the mix and starting to motor though the gears.

The league is ours I think if we keep this form up nobody can stop us!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.