Full backs / Wing Backs

It's always amusing when people recommend us buying somebody they've only seen playing a few good games over a World Cup. That's how you end up with an El Hadji-Diouf.

Cancelo made the PFA team of the season ahead of Robertson and has been widely considered better than Robertson since the start of last season. Chilwell isn't in the conversation for best LB in the PL, let alone in the world (too many injuries to consider him, that's why Chelsea paid 63m for Cucu). Also, there are various kinds of defensive actions, Cancelo's defensive stats are generally better than Robertson's or Cucu's or.... Most of our defensive actions are higher up the pitch, Cancelo is perfect for our high pressing style.

The fact that we weren't prepared to go over 35m for Cucu speaks volumes: the intention wasn't to replace Cancelo, but to find a good option to rotate Cancelo and Walker. If Txiki/Pep thought that Cucu was better than Cancelo (which he obviously isn't), we'd have offered 50-60m for him. Cucu can't make the Spain squad (Jose Gaya is ahead of him!), Cancelo is in a different league to him.

Ake is easily the most underrated player on this forum while Cancelo is definitely our most overrated player. Defensively he is terrible. This season alone he has cost us more matches than he has contributed to us winning. He will produce a brilliant ball / cross in 4 or 5 nil home wins and people forget about the mistakes he makes in a tight loss or draw. Great footballer but terrible defender. Very similar to the Dippers' TAA - not one defensive bone in his body. Cancelo would be PERFECT in a back 5 where he can roam all he likes but given we play back 4 he will always be the weak link in our system when we play good teams IMO. We need a left back that can DEFEND just like Walker can on the other side. Hate the obsession in this era with attacking full backs - just leaves you defensively too open.

It's always amusing when people recommend us buying somebody they've only seen playing a few good games over a World Cup. That's how you end up with an El Hadji-Diouf.
It’s a forum. That’s what fans do. Like being down the pub with your mates and making suggestions on who you would like your club to buy. Being going on since the dawn of time.
I don’t think pep and the transfer committee are actively looking at the transfer forum on blue moon for transfer recommendations.

However if they are can I recommend de jong/Davies and leao please.

And to push my luck even further if anyone from city are reading then if you get rid of Scott Carson next year I can still do a job in “goal” or sat on the bench as third choice.

It’s a forum. That’s what fans do. Like being down the pub with your mates and making suggestions on who you would like your club to buy. Being going on since the dawn of time.
I don’t think pep and the transfer committee are actively looking at the transfer forum on blue moon for transfer recommendations.

However if they are can I recommend de jong/Davies and leao please.

And to push my luck even further if anyone from city are reading then if you get rid of Scott Carson next year I can still do a job in “goal” or sat on the bench as third choice.

Never said it's wrong or anything, just that I find it amusing how many players are recommended on the base of a few games.

Very impressive game from Juranovic in the Croatia v Brazil game.
Really good player from what I've seen. Could be the link between Walker finishing in a few years and Rico Lewis becoming first choice a few years later. Love his speed, vision & positive play ie always looking to attack.

Dumfries of inter is going to be available in summer apparently.

Can't say I've ever watched him but if starts for inter and Holland he can't be too bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.