Full backs / Wing Backs

I agree I think a youngster and Chilwell or perhaps Tierney would be a better fit. Intresting to see what happens in Milan with Theo and Leao. Im really hoping it boils over at Juve and Chiesa becomes available for the wide spot. Certainly lots of options out there and even if Bayern don't pick up Cancelo, I'm in two minds, we can shop him around.
I'd love Chiesa at City. Him & Mudryk would have been sensational on both wings.

I agree I think a youngster and Chilwell or perhaps Tierney would be a better fit. Intresting to see what happens in Milan with Theo and Leao. Im really hoping it boils over at Juve and Chiesa becomes available for the wide spot. Certainly lots of options out there and even if Bayern don't pick up Cancelo, I'm in two minds, we can shop him around.
Chiesa is actually a brilliant shout! Didn’t cross my mind once, we should definitely be testing those waters, give me a winger from the Serie A there’s 3 of them!

Chiesa has 2 years left (in the summer)

Leao has 1 year left

Kvara is at Napoli who we don’t do business with, other two would be easier!

I'd love Chiesa at City. Him & Mudryk would have been sensational on both wings.
I think they are both great players. Mudryk came probably a little overpriced but confident he’ll deliver there!
Chiesa is actually a brilliant shout! Didn’t cross my mind once, we should definitely be testing those waters, give me a winger for Serie A there’s 3 of them!
Absolutely! Kvara I think is the most difficult to pull off, Leao probably could do due to contract issues and wanting to go to a top club. A top club in 2023, I’m very aware of AC’s history. But Chiesa is one of my favourite players, I live in hope!

Chiesa from Juve, Theo from AC that sounds more logical than taking both Theo and Leao.

Last edited:
I think they are both great players. Mudryk came probably a little overpriced but confident he’ll deliver there!

Absolutely! Kvara I think is the most difficult to pull off, Leao probably could do die to contract issues and wanting to go to a top club. A top club in 2023, I’m very aware of AC’s history. But Chiesa is one of my favourite players, I live in hope!

Chiesa from Juve, Theo from AC that sounds more logical than taking both Theo and Leao.
Never heard so much sense on here!

Leao sounds like he wants a new contract however if we get to summer and he has not signed then obviously we have a great chance. There could be a school of thought that he is posturing so when he doesn’t sign he could say no I love Milan they were the bad guys? But a Juve without Champs and struggling financially with only 2 years left, could be a major possibility in Chiesa for guessing the £60 mill mark?

How ironic on a fullback thread we talk about possibly wingers, typical city!

Never heard so much sense on here!

Leao sounds like he wants a new contract however if we get to summer and he has not signed then obviously we have a great chance. There could be a school of thought that he is posturing so when he doesn’t sign he could say no I love Milan they were the bad guys? But a Juve without Champs and struggling financially with only 2 years left, could be a major possibility in Chiesa for guessing the £60 mill mark?

How ironic on a fullback thread we talk about possibly wingers, typical city!
Part of me thinks you are being sarcastic lol, rarely do I get such a nice response from this lot.

I really think if it hits the fan at Juve it’s a good option, especially as AC have a top quality left back. Let’s play the field and get the best mix available, shame we can’t negotiate with Napoli but I get it.

Say we get Theo, do you keep Gomez as a squad player or loan him to for example Burnley/Girona and get someone else in. I think Theo would be like Cancelo and play the vast majority of games, so realistically a second choice left back isn’t to much of an issue

Part of me thinks you are being sarcastic lol, rarely do I get such a nice response from this lot.

I really think if it hits the fan at Juve it’s a good option, especially as AC have a top quality left back. Let’s play the field and get the best mix available, shame we can’t negotiate with Napoli but I get it.

Say we get Theo, do you keep Gomez as a squad player or loan him to for example Burnley/Girona and get someone else in. I think Theo would be like Cancelo and play the vast majority of games, so realistically a second choice left back isn’t to much of an issue
Not being sarcastic at all! sick of people on here demanding we sign any £80 mill player and then listing some alternatives and suddenly they’re shit. Yes Gomez to Burnley on loan would be utter perfection and highly likely, their LB is on loan and obviously Kompany will want Gomez. My problem is though what people aren’t listening to is Theo won’t be easy to get I think he’s captain and signed a relatively new contract and Mendy and Chilwell are injury prone, a cheaper back up is important, someone who has actually played LB/LM all their career. Truffert and Quentin Merlin are young and relatively inexperienced but have played 100 games in Ligue 1.

Edit -

I also just don’t think Theo Hernandez is all that great, he’s stand out because a 25 year old LB is easy to stand out, for the money I just don’t think he’s worth it.

Cant see Chiesa leaving Italy.

Even if he does he’ll probably start missing his mama’s pasta and want to go back.

Cant see Chiesa leaving Italy.

Even if he does he’ll probably start missing his mama’s pasta and want to go back.
Juventus are currently in a serious crisis with an aging squad, no European football plus money issues and the fact he has 2 years left, it really could be a tap in this one.

Not being sarcastic at all! sick of people on here demanding we sign any £80 mill player and then listing some alternatives and suddenly they’re shit. Yes Gomez to Burnley on loan would be utter perfection and highly likely, their LB is on loan and obviously Kompany will want Gomez. My problem is though what people aren’t listening to is Theo won’t be easy to get I think he’s captain and signed a relatively new contract and Mendy and Chilwell are injury prone, a cheaper back up is important, someone who has actually played LB/LM all their career. Truffert and Quentin Merlin are young and relatively inexperienced but have played 100 games in Ligue 1.

Edit -

I also just don’t think Theo Hernandez is all that great, he’s stand out because a 25 year old LB is easy to stand out, for the money I just don’t think he’s worth it.
Have to be realistic after all!

Gomez to Burnley makes sense to me. Needs game time and a manager that knows him and believes in him, after all vouched for his city move. Also needs the minutes.

I agree I think we get Chilwell or Tierney just need to find the back up. I would say, and again I’ll use Theo as an example, if we got a top quality LB with no injury concerns we would keep Ake as the back up and still have 5 CB as we have had continuous injury issues there. Having Chilwell or Tierney means you need either Gomez or a a Gomez like player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.