Full backs / Wing Backs

This club needs a new left back, there's no other way about it. Cancelo isn't good enough and should never be playing left back to begin with. It's the thing that has cost us the most in the UCL and important games(liverpool) season after season but Txiki straight up refuses to acknowledge it for some reason. Also going into a season with 3(!) fullbacks, one of whom has had one season as a fullback and the other being played out of position, it boggles my mind why some people are surprised over some of the results we've been getting cause we have to resort to Stones/Akanji/Ake as fullbacks.

There needs to be some movement in the market in january because if we don't, we'll be struggling just as much as we did towards the end of last season.
Pep already said no activity in January, I mentioned here all along about worry about our squad no left back, no wingers and no pace. But everyone was creaming over haaland, he is fantastic but we still have a lot of holes in our team

This club needs a new left back, there's no other way about it. Cancelo isn't good enough and should never be playing left back to begin with. It's the thing that has cost us the most in the UCL and important games(liverpool) season after season but Txiki straight up refuses to acknowledge it for some reason. Also going into a season with 3(!) fullbacks, one of whom has had one season as a fullback and the other being played out of position, it boggles my mind why some people are surprised over some of the results we've been getting cause we have to resort to Stones/Akanji/Ake as fullbacks.

There needs to be some movement in the market in january because if we don't, we'll be struggling just as much as we did towards the end of last season.
There is no better LB in Europe than Cancelo for us, its that simple. Refuse to acknowledge it all you want.

Its also nothing to do with Txiki, Pep picks the squad and decides what he wants.

We also didn't lose against Brentford because Stones was at full back.

I for one will take struggling all the way to another prem and CL semi final.

Pep already said no activity in January, I mentioned here all along about worry about our squad no left back, no wingers and no pace. But everyone was creaming over haaland, he is fantastic but we still have a lot of holes in our team

I didn't like a broken ucking record, I've been going on about the need for two left backs, top quality for now and one for the future. The team covered up the shortcomings of our defence, now we have an out and out striker, other area's have been laid bare.

I didn't like a broken ucking record, I've been going on about the need for two left backs, top quality for now and one for the future. The team covered up the shortcomings of our defence, now we have an out and out striker, other area's have been laid bare.
Think with Walker's uptick in injuries we need a new left and right back

There is no better LB in Europe than Cancelo for us, its that simple. Refuse to acknowledge it all you want.

Its also nothing to do with Txiki, Pep picks the squad and decides what he wants.

Disagree, there are two, Davies and Hernandez. We paid £100 million for Jack, why not pay that for someone we actually need?

Disagree, there are two, Davies and Hernandez. We paid £100 million for Jack, why not pay that for someone we actually need?
I disagree on those but even then, there is no reason Bayern or ACMilan would sell them. Neither team need the money and they would have to replace them. Both are critical to how the team plays as is Cancelo for us, so its not that simple.

Theo Hernandez is the outstanding candidate but will cost 100 million which we won't pay... The market for full backs is atrocious

Cancelo has dropped in my books after cheating and diving at the weekend

but i understand both sides of the left back roles and defending is the major part and sorry he is pretty poor at that,
going forward and finding a pass, YES he is world-class, but our defence and the shape is all over the place at the moment, without walker's recovery pace at the back, it's far too easy to for others to hurt us,

the world cup break maybe a blessing and the people at city with pep can look at some full backs and hope we can do some business, I don't want to see that back 3 and Cancelo again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.