Full backs / Wing Backs

He is shite
Well he’s not but fair enough if that’s your opinion.
I’m not saying he’s prime roberto Carlos but for the left backs that are out there I think he would be a decent player for us.

If that offer came in then we should take it and go and get a RB! Walker is getting on a bit now and Rico can be integrated into the team more but he is only 17? Cancelo is now a LB and we have Gomez and Wilson Esbrand that side as well. The lad at Lyon would be my choice
Cancelo will never be a left back, he isn’t even a decent right back. He can cover the left but usually drifts into midfield to make the extra man. He is pretty awful if he stays wide left and is way to predictable and can’t overlap which affects whoever is playing on the wing. He is a poor defender and simply a liability when asked to play as an orthodox left back. As stated by many here we need a proper left back but I agree that Walker is getting on and we will need a replacement. Even if Lewis pushes on it won’t be for years. Gomez and WE don’t look anywhere near good enough to perform at the level we need them at and certainly not the highest level.

What’s the thoughts on how Gomez has started?
It’s a ‘Not quite’from me. Don’t think he’s an improvement but more of a stop gap. I’d be tempted to stick Ake there but I know he doesn’t like to bomb it forward much. There aren’t many left backs around. I hope Gomez can prove me wrong.

What’s the thoughts on how Gomez has started?
Gomez is yet another midfielder turned fullback that's lacking in the defending department who will probably never be as good as Zinchenko was for us. He may have the talent but he doesn't seem like the type to be such an important character in the locker room as Zinny was. Most of his games have been in dead rubber games and the ones he's started in, he's been a defensive liability.

This club needs a new left back, there's no other way about it. Cancelo isn't good enough and should never be playing left back to begin with. It's the thing that has cost us the most in the UCL and important games(liverpool) season after season but Txiki straight up refuses to acknowledge it for some reason. Also going into a season with 3(!) fullbacks, one of whom has had one season as a fullback and the other being played out of position, it boggles my mind why some people are surprised over some of the results we've been getting cause we have to resort to Stones/Akanji/Ake as fullbacks.

There needs to be some movement in the market in january because if we don't, we'll be struggling just as much as we did towards the end of last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.