Full Backs?

After Pep's comments post match about the transfer targets being 'young' & 'still Bayern & Monaco players', I wonder if we are in for the Bayern LB Juan Bernat to play as Mendy's backup? He seems to tick all the boxes when it comes to the profile of players we are considering? He's 24, at Bayern, a LB and Pep knows him and has worked with him before.

Don't see why Bernat would give up being a Bayern backup to be a backup at City instead. I think it was just a slip of the tongue personally, but if he really was talking about any Bayern players hopefully it was Kimmich or Sanches - particularly since Sanches has just become available and has all the attributes to potentially be a Pep pivot (imo).

with danilo mendy and walker sorted....will we adda forth fullback (at left back)? the right is sorted with walker and danilo but will we add an extra left back?

with danilo mendy and walker sorted....will we adda forth fullback (at left back)? the right is sorted with walker and danilo but will we add an extra left back?
All the talk is that Danilo can cover left and right. With Kolarov going we may get another player who can cover left centre back and left back, but I suspect the centre back bit is the more important.

All the talk is that Danilo can cover left and right. With Kolarov going we may get another player who can cover left centre back and left back, but I suspect the centre back bit is the more important.

id rather have a player who is a left back rather one that can cover there if need but I agree I do think we need a centre half as a priority....we we're told by some ITK's that the reason we may not get a centre half was because we had identified that money for Sanchz....but if we aint getting him I think we maybe should go for a centre back .......if vk gets a long term injury stones and ottomendi at centre half don't fill many people with confidence

id rather have a player who is a left back rather one that can cover there if need but I agree I do think we need a centre half as a priority....we we're told by some ITK's that the reason we may not get a centre half was because we had identified that money for Sanchz....but if we aint getting him I think we maybe should go for a centre back .......if vk gets a long term injury stones and ottomendi at centre half don't fill many people with confidence
I am not to sure that the manager agrees with your distinction between someone who is a position and someone who can cover. Historically he has used a lot of players away from their usual position.
His first thought is can they play football, hence Mascherano as centre back, Lahm in midfield etc.
Danilo looks two footed from the footage I have seen and has played left back

What do people think of Andrew Robertson should we have gone for him ? cheap attacking British. After Mendy we need value for money back up

What do people think of Andrew Robertson should we have gone for him ? cheap attacking British. After Mendy we need value for money back up

Would have been a great opportunity for Maffeo, hopefully next season we will give more of the youth a go.

I don't care who else we sign now. I don't care if our other targets go elsewhere. This club has needed new full backs since 2013-14 when we last won the league, that was their swan song and they've been our Achilles heel since.

THREE years and no title challenges later, we've finally sorted it out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.