Full Backs?

Denayer and Maffeo as fullbacks on one side and Clichy and Angelino on the other saves money for other positions
Not if they aren't up for the job. I think we'd all love it if our full back positions were made up of lads coming through the ranks but I've not seen anything from them that says they're ready to next season.
Denayer coming back into the fold is a good thing but I'm not sure if right back (I know he's capable) is where I'd be putting him.

Haven't seen much of Maffeo. Some are very high on him and others are weary. Angelino I saw a good bunch at NYCFC. He'll improve, and perhaps he needs better players around him to fully look the part. But he is currently far behind Clichy from what I saw. Which makes Clichy the undisputed #1 going into next season. I don't like the sound of that. And I like Clichy a lot. We need someone who can potentially bear out Clichy. Thus leading to a competition that improves both.

Haven't seen much of Maffeo. Some are very high on him and others are weary. Angelino I saw a good bunch at NYCFC. He'll improve, and perhaps he needs better players around him to fully look the part. But he is currently far behind Clichy from what I saw. Which makes Clichy the undisputed #1 going into next season. I don't like the sound of that. And I like Clichy a lot. We need someone who can potentially bear out Clichy. Thus leading to a competition that improves both.

I'm not sure we will be able fit in a LB this window. Where would you rank a LB in the pecking over of our needs? For me it's 1) CM. 2) CM. 3) Wing. 4) CB and then it's the outside backs. If we don't land Pogba then money shouldn't be an issue. If FFP isn't an issue at all then by all means pick one up.

Denayer and Maffeo as fullbacks on one side and Clichy and Angelino on the other saves money for other positions

Denayer should replace Demichelles

Angelino to replace Kolarov

Maffeo to be back up RB with Sagna or Zaba starting ahead of him.

But knowing Ferran & Txiki, they will prefer to keep spending the money.

Delph and Angelino left back. Delph has all the attributes and could do a Danny Rose. I'd love Gaya, I'm not sure we'll get him though.

Denayer right back - what about Otamendi there? He's got all the attributes. Pep loves players to be versatile.

I'd ship out all 4 current full backs.

Delph and Angelino left back. Delph has all the attributes and could do a Danny Rose. I'd love Gaya, I'm not sure we'll get him though.

Denayer right back - what about Otamendi there? He's got all the attributes. Pep loves players to be versatile.

I'd ship out all 4 current full backs.

Agreed with this except for shipping out current full-backs. Keep them as they're still really good but use Angelino, Delph, Denayer as back-ups and then replacements in 2017 when Sagna, Zabaleta have lost their pace.

Denayer should replace Demichelles

Angelino to replace Kolarov

Maffeo to be back up RB with Sagna or Zaba starting ahead of him.

But knowing Ferran & Txiki, they will prefer to keep spending the money.

It won't be up to him though mate

If Guardiola thinks maffeo or angelino are ready he'll promote them to the first team. Imo Denayer should be our right back instead of maffeo since he's miles ahead of him atm and imo is the better player.

I had a dream last night that we played the rags in first game of the new season.. But it was a cup final (or fuck could it be the charity shield ?) anyway it was the first game Pep was fab and our full backs were Navas and Delph and we won 4-1.

I'm not sure we will be able fit in a LB this window. Where would you rank a LB in the pecking over of our needs? For me it's 1) CM. 2) CM. 3) Wing. 4) CB and then it's the outside backs. If we don't land Pogba then money shouldn't be an issue. If FFP isn't an issue at all then by all means pick one up.
CM, CM, LB, CB. I think Wing is a luxury. With Sterling, Navas, Nasri and Silva, I think we are OK. Though, I'm not opposed to getting one. I.E Isco or Dembele. Or just promote Barker.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.