Full Backs?

Maffeo's and Angelino's performance today might be a reason why fullbacks don't seem to be a top priority. Obviously, it's just one game but it's also obvious that both of them have talent. It'll be interesting to see what Pep does.

Full backs may not be the problem we all thought they would be.
Angelino, Maffeo and Denayer look pretty good back ups for Sagna and Clichy.
Was mightily impressed with Angelino though we didn't see his defensive side tonight. Very skilful little player. Pep likes him I think...

Full backs may not be the problem we all thought they would be.
Angelino, Maffeo and Denayer look pretty good back ups for Sagna and Clichy.
Was mightily impressed with Angelino though we didn't see his defensive side tonight. Very skilful little player. Pep likes him I think...

I agree mate....and if we able to add experience/talent to CB position like Bonucci/Stones that will only give them more confidence and support to grow...still early days but if the young lads keep playing like they did tonight, dont think we need to worry so much about the fullback position....

I agree mate....and if we able to add experience/talent to CB position like Bonucci/Stones that will only give them more confidence and support to grow...still early days but if the young lads keep playing like they did tonight, dont think we need to worry so much about the fullback position....
I was really encouraged by how Pep was talking about the kids.
I just hope he gives a few of them a chance in the first team this year.
It looks to me as if some are ready now to step up to the next level.

Looks like we're trying Delph at left back which makes sense as has a good engine but needs to learn to cross and with him and Angelino we have some good options.

I remember Pep's first Bayern game at the Etihad and both full backs overlapping inside the right attack midfielder - Alaba was outstanding.

Kolarov does not fit in anymore - his strength is overlapping runs outside left attacker and he is very one footed.

I think we will be looking at full backs who can augment midfield, able to both move inside their midfield partner and overlap.
Angelino is currently too weak with his right foot to play in the Rafinha/Alaba/Lahm style.
Maffeo could play this role if he continues to progress, but is a bit younger, not yet as physically mature.
Have not followed Denayer at rb in Turkey, but see him at centre back.
Delphi could be short term back up. He has midfield experience and good engine BUT lacks quality and has poor first touch.

He's already gone on record as saying how impressed he's been with the young talent at the club, my guess he's referring to Angelino and Maffeo in particular and that's prob why it's gone quiet on the FB front

He's already gone on record as saying how impressed he's been with the young talent at the club, my guess he's referring to Angelino and Maffeo in particular and that's prob why it's gone quiet on the FB front
Not to mention tosin thingymebob who has been very good on this tour and also got a special mention in the aftermath presser

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.