Fulop your boots!

One thing is for sure...

if we get fourth with Fulop in goal we will all be singing praises to him...

but if this doesn't happen than we will all be wondering what could have happened had we played Gunnar between the sticks...

FORZA FULOP!

Hi all, Manchester-based Sunderland fan, here in peace to give you some views on Marton. I've been a season ticket holder for over 15 years now, and going all the time since I was 5.

Basically, you're going to want to keep an exceptionally tight defence, because the lad is really rather shite. While he has all the attributes - Young, tall, athletic... for some reason he's shit-scared of catching the ball, and punches and flaps at every opportunity. He's terrible at organising the defence too, takes no control over situations. Even when directing defenders where to go on freekicks and corners. Just no communication at all.

A typical situation - Corner - Fulop stand about playing with his gloves, defenders go for man-marking and cover the posts in the absence of anyone helping them out. Fulop runs out, half collapses and tumbles into a defender. 1-0 to the opposition, Fulop looks at the ref, he's not impressed, proceeds to shout at defenders. Oh if only you'd done that before the corner Marton.

I see some have cited his height and with that he should comfortably deal with Villa/Spurs' putting the ball in the air. If anything, the signing of Fulop encourages them to do that, as he comes flapping for every cross, running into strikers and his own defenders looking for the foul, or paws it away like some sort of massive cat.

In the games he played 'well' this season were when Gordon was injured, so we had little other option. As for playing 'well', the truth his, he played 'alright'. To the level you'd expect a keeper given the patchwork defence we put infront of him.

I'm honestly hoping this works out for you, so that a) you get in the top 4, and b) someone might buy Fulop.

He's not even good enough for us I'm afraid, and theres got to be a reason why a fully fit, international keeper can't even get on the bench for the reserves at our place. Since January, he's slipped behind a young lad Trevor Carson as the back-up to Gordon, and in the reserves, they prefer to start with Carson, and put the U18 keeper on the bench. I find it hard to believe that this is to stop him getting injured and putting off prospective buyers.

Like I say though, good luck. God knows you'll need it with flapper-Fulop in the sticks. I think I speak for all SAFC fans when we say "Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out"

I hope you get 4th, I like Man City as a club and the fans, and it will break up the monotony of the 'big 4'.

We'll do our damndest to stop the red-shite getting the title on Sunday.

My mate is a Sunderland season ticket holder and is a very fair judge. He's not a wind up merchant. Anyway his opinion of Fulop I respect. He was only keeping Gordon out of the Sunderland team through injury, nothing else. They now have a young keeper on the bench. As he says," that tells you all you need to know about Fulop".

My mate wants us to get 4th but feels that the defence will have to protect M.F. because he is not the best.

That said the decision is made and we must support and encourage Martin, football is a funny game and he may go on to become a legend having played only 3 games for City!!!

Come on Martin!!!

Will support Fulop 100% in the remaining 3 games to go, but not happy about it. Fucking Birmingham shithouses, but I can understand why they are reluctant to let Joe come back, so Fulop will hopefully play out of his skin.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I like the 6ft 5in bit. Can he catch like Bert Trautmann, one handed?
I believe he can catch with one finger and that he's broken his neck just to fit in with City tradition!

Hi guys, I made a post which seems to have been abridged by Skibum, either that or he knows someone who said very very similar things to me! Having read the Bluemoon Code Of Conduct, I believe that maybe because I may have signed off with a derogatory name for your red shirted neighbours.

Anyway, In addition to what Skibum posted...

You're going to need to keep the defence tight. Fulop can pull of saves where you think "Wow, how'd he do that!" to "Bloody Hell, how'd he do that??".

He flaps and punches at everything, and not even with much power. Seems terrified to catch the ball, and has no communication with his defence.

You'd think with his height, he would neutralize Villa and Spurs' ariel threat. Personally. I think it will encourage it. As I said, he flaps at everything, and on corners, crosses and freekicks often ends up flapping or running into defenders/strikers seeking a 'foul'.

He's been kept far from the first team and even the reserve team since January, and I don't think it's to protect him from injury. Can't get on the bench as Bruce is now in favour of a young kid, Trevor Carson, who's never appeared for the first team, and also in the reserves Carson and U18 goalkeepers are preferred.

Good luck though, God knows you'll need it. Hopefully this will put Marton in the shop window, and I speak for 90% of SAFC fans when I say we'll be happy he's gone.

I'm Manchester-ish based and I have respect for your club. I sat in with your fans when you beat us 1-0 a few years ago (Marton actually saving a pen from Robinho). Throughly enjoyable time, nice fans, nice ground.

I hope you get fourth, and hopefully we can upset your neighbours on Sunday and stop them winning the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.