Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

Liverpool at home last season, about 10 seconds before Sane scored the winner he gave the ball away and I shouted "Fuck sake get him off Pep he's having a shocker"

When the Ipswich Town home match was abandoned in 1994 with City 2-0 (I think it was 2) up, the Kippax burst into a chant of “the referee’s a wanker”.

My mates Dad was incandescent and couldn’t quite get the words out as the chant went through 4 or 5 lines. As he started to join in, the full terrace stopped almost simultaneously but it was too late - he was in.

He quickly tried to show he wasn’t singing on his own by bellowing “the referee’s a fucking **** as well!”

Anyone remember Villa away in the mid 80s - they had a keeper called Nigel (Spink) I think.
For the full 45 minutes when he was in goal at the City fans end they were all singing “Nigel Nigel Nigel” wasn’t exactly the funniest thing I ever heard admittedly, but was just curious how it started. Was a completely boring 0-0 if I recall and think we were just trying to amuse ourselves.
Was replicated years later at the Etihad when Alan came on for Shaktar I think in a European game.

One cup game last season my lad couldn't get his usual seat so bought one a few rows back. When he gets to game the s/t holder who has the seat is sat there; so he points this out to the steward who rather than create a fuss says that there is a spare seat in the disabled area at the back so he sits there much to the amusement of those who sit around us.
Anyway City score and we look round to see him stood up celebrating and one bloke in front says " Bloody hell! It's a miracle, he can walk" which cracked everyone up

Ten minutes into the second half against Spuds few years back a bloke comes back to his seat, squeezing past everyone and some bloke shouts your always late back you! Where have you been Canal street?
The guy looks over his shoulder and says yeah, just had a nosh off your Dad!

One of them moments when the crowd goes really quiet, someone shouted '' Seaman get a fucking haircut' hahaha well funny

Southampton away early nineties at the Dell Tim Flowers in goal in front of the away terrace walks up to do that fiddling with the net thing keepers do, someone pipes up "Oi Timmy" & as he looks up, continues "your beer gives me the shits"
Also, Stamford Bridge mid nineties, ex blue having a stinker, someone shouts "Taxi for Phelan!" followed quick as a flash by someone else adding "& Dennis Wise is paying..." (he'd recently had an 'incident' involving a dispute with a London cabbie)
Both players comfortably within ear shot

Another tantalising game of football under Stuart Pearce...from out of nowhere a voice bellows "That's it Dabo, stay there in the shade son don't trouble yourself!"

*Phillipe Sandler comes on as substitute* "He's not related to Adam is he?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.