Funniest remark heard at City game?

Big Swifty

When we beat THEM 3-1, and Anelka scored after Barthez fumbled Goater's innocuous shot, a guy sat near me got on his mobile and, with a straight face, was telling someone "Goater had a shot and Donald f***ing Pleasence spilt it for Anelka to score".
I should explain to our younger members that Donald Pleasence was a film actor who played villainous types, eg Ernst Stavro Blofeld (usually stroking a white pussy), and was bald to boot.

Not funny exactly but some fella came back from the bog and we had scored...

It was just his reaction when his mate said Corradi had scored, he was like "What, how did that happen" he was properly perplexed the man had scored and the confusion in his voice tickled me.

A chant from the Kippax about where was Neville's wife, (Southall). She'd been rumoured to have been having an affair at the time, circa 1989/90

'What the fuckin hell was that' to the Sky Strykers

'The puffs are comin, slag em off', some random bloke sticking his head out of the window of his minibus to warn the drinkers outside the Sherwood that the Harikrishna's were coming. Many-a-beer got spat out in laughter at that one as no-one had a fucking clue what he was on about until the Hari's showed up.

Can't remember who we were playing but it was a really dull game on a misty, dull late autumn day in the Seventies. The mist turned to fog and started rolling into the ground and the little lad behind us in the North Stand said "Dad, it's getting foggy". His dad said "Yes son. That's so God doesn't have to watch this bloody rubbish."

Toss up between that and Ian Cheeseman's classic about Chip-gate (just after the Tevez incident) "They put the chips in the frier but they refused to warm up".

At Sunderland last season,a steward was trying to get people to sit down but trying to get them to sit down from the top first.An old fella next to me asked the steward " tell me,have I stumbled on a live performance of Tom Stoppards The Fuckwit?"

Was at Hyde watching City reserves and Luke Chadwick was about to take a throw, when one bloke piped up "Hey Luke you make Phil Neville look like Brad Pitt"

Not the funniest remark, but one of the funniest matches was the Salzburg match when Alan came on. Such a freezing night with my 2 lads. When all the City supporters sang all the songs for him, Alan is Superman, etc and he started waving. No humour like the City fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.