Funny names you’ve come across

Funny names.

I remember watching Post Man Pat with my three sons. That may seem cute to some, but they are all over 25, we need help.

Joking, we watched it when they were at that age where, if you have to look after them all day, as they try to kill each other and themselves, the whole fucking day, you realise that a Monday morning at Uni isn’t too bad. In fact a fucking lifeboat. But, anyway, Postman Pat, in it was a character called Mrs Goggins and I marvelled at how that sounded when you said it, and whoever came up with it, I tipped my hat.,even though I don’t suit them. I think my hair won’t have it being covered. Makes sense. It’s lovely.,

Fast forward a right while and I had moved into a top floor flat in a Victorian tenement, and as I looked across at the name of our neighbour, you know where I’m going with this. Unless you’re from Stoke then just keep reading. But there it was in beautifully crafted brass. Murphy.

No, it was indeed Goggins. And she was a lovely woman. Thanks Pat.

There was a guy I knew called Gary Oakey.
The best one was interviewing a guy who gave up his last job because he had no transport. His name was Ivor Carr. True Story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.