Funny stats to upset United fans

Bit silly leaving out the 90's deliberately like that...

Dont know the facts but it would read something like..

Man utd 18 Man City 0

If its good enough for everyone else to cherry pick their facts about football history, its good enough for me. Plus, I was bladdered a lot of the 90's so I dont remember much of it ;)

City won the league in 1968 and United won the European Cup 2 weeks or so after we had clinched it.
But for the 21 seasons after that Including the 70s and 80s we won more.
And for 22 complete seasons since the millenium including the 00s and 10s we have won more.
TBF they did have the upperhand just for the 90s :)

1968-1969 to 1988-1989 (21 seasons)
Major trophies: City 4 -3 United

City:
1 FA Cup (1969)
2 League Cups (1970 & 1976)
1 European Cup Winners Cup (1970)

United:
3 FA Cups (1977, 1983 & 1985)

2000-2001 to 2022-2023 (22 full seasons since the start of the millenium)
Major trophies: City 17 - 16 United

City:
7 League Titles
1 Champions League
3 FA Cups
6 League Cups

United:
7 League Titles
1 Champions League
2 FA Cups
5 League Cups
1 Euro Leage (losers cup - shouldn't count :))

That’s mad, since the start of the millennium we’ve won more trophies than them. That is a thing of beauty, I fucking love it! Come on the BLUE BOYS!!!

Best got 2 league titles , a European cup, FA cup and a super cup with Manure. Am I missing something?
I think you are. He never won the FA Cup.
Mind you, most people would consider two leagues to be better than one plus the FA Cup. So, you're point isn't entirely lost.

Best got 2 league titles , a European cup, FA cup and a super cup with Manure. Am I missing something?
Could be wrong , but I think he made his debut in the 63/64 season the after they won the FA Cup in 1963, not sure about the super Cup . Lost to Estudiantes 1-2 on aggregate in intercontinental Cup in 1968/69

This one has always worked a treat for me. It's a trump card against the plastics. You can also include City's random trips for replays at Old Trafford like Luton and Walsall, plus testimonials. The one that pushes them over the edge is when I tell them I have seen George Best play more times than them and he is "seriously over-rated." He never turned up against City.
He is rumoured to have played on the Blocksages in Dukinfield...More Duky Rags saw him there more times than they ever saw him in Trafford. (for context, most of the boozers in Duky during the 90s were rag pubs full of massive reds that would turn out to the pub religiously when they played at home)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.