Funny things at a City game / City fans have done

Barntonblue said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Lincoln away in the midweek league game being the prime example.

Does anyone remember the goalkeeper for lincoln that night. He looked like a homeless guy dragged of the street and a city fan ran on the pitch and robbed his kit bag in the goal! ha!
Shall never forget his name...Barry Richardson!
Someone chucked a half-eaten Mars bar at him, and he picked it up and ate it...to a large chorus of "Gypo! Gypo!"

lost the car v notts county away found it at about 7-30 moral of that story dont let your passengers drink and drive

driving to norwich when i asked my mate to pull over,so i could have a piss.he said piss in a bottle cos hes not stopping.he then took the mini roundabouts as fast as he could,but i didnt spill a drop.
everton away and my turn to drive.pull over i need a piss.no,you will have to piss out the window was my reply.waited till i could see piss streaming down the side of the car and pressed the button for the leccy windows.

81 cup final replay v spurs coach driver wouldnt stop for a piss so everyone pissed in empty bottles spurs fan in a open top car drove past giving it loads unfortunately for him traffic cane to a standstill with us hovering over him piss out of bottles in a bin bag and deposited over mr happy those were the days

BTH said:
I work in an office full of plastics who wind me up no end. Not because they never go, but because they never go and yet seem to speak with such authority about a game they pretend to love although they never get their hands in their pockets to actually go to a match; it's all regurgitated crap they get off the telly.

One day last week I was telling one of the girls that when City fans get together they'll normally say "Did you go to... ?' or "Do you remember such a thing?" The rags, on the other hand, just compare the size of their respective tellys or wonder which pub they'll be watching the next match on. They wouldn't know where to start with a thread like this: "Er, I was in my living room watching this match once and, er..."

I was lucky enough to have been at most of the games mentioned in this thread. The Frankinstein fight at West Brom was hilarious and I seem to recall a paddling pool joining in as well. The Frankinsteins were owned by photographer Kevin Cummins and former MSV editor Steve Welsh respectively - the latter was wearing the old blue away shirt with the red and white sash. Steve comes on here so he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

The funniest thing I can recall off the top of my head was when City lost 1-0 at Notts County in the FA Cup in 1991 and tickets were at a premium. Three or four lads I know from Didsbury travelled without tickets in the hope that they'd be able to get them outside. They couldn't. Shortly after the kick-off I saw them all walking around the perimeter of the pitch towards our end, carrying a cardboard box each. They'd found them outside, walked through the main entrance with them, told the old duffer on the desk that they'd ran out of hot dogs in the away end and were waved through without any further ado. You'd never get away with a stunt like that these days!
I was at the both west brom and palace away games, both great days still talked about now with lads I dont see to often. When the paddling pool appeared at wba the whole away end started singing 'paddling pool, paddling pool, paddling pool'. Also, I think the scrap was between T-REX and a Frankie the other Frankie then joined in, this set off a massive round of 'banana aggro'. If memory serves at the palace game didn't Little and Large run round with a replica fa cup at half time? I know I swapped scarves with a palace fan at Norwood station to wear in the pub for the fa cup final.

Chelsea away in the 80s, me and my 3 mates were only about 17, got persuaded to go to the queen ann at vauxhall for a pint before the game. This pub turned out to be a right shit hole but full of blues. It got to about 1pm and we were just about to leave for the game when the landlord gets on the stage and announces that Clarissa will now perform for us. We thought 'some birds coming on to sing'. On comes Clarissa wearing a mini wedding dress with stockings and sussies on, it was quite obvious that one thing she wasn't going to do was sing!! A huge cheer went up and for the next hour and half we were treated to the best strip show we had ever seen there must have been about 6 girls and no act was the same. Ended up missing the first half hour of the game but didn't give a shit!! Can anyone remember the exact year because my mate says we were nearer to 15 than 17.

Not one to help street cred unfortunately, but....

21st December 1985 away at Sheff Wed. We were in the Leppings Lane End and it was one of those games where everything was a bit light-hearted (although we went on to lose!). We'd beat Coventry 5-1 the week before. Anyway, at half time as the players came off the pitch, Wednesday started playing Wham's Last Christmas over the Tannoy system.

We were having a bit of a laugh and then they took off the record only moments after it started, and the tannoy man started to talk about all sorts of club stuff. Why we did it I don't know, but almost as if it had been planned everyone started booing. Then some one started the "We want Wham!" chant - yeah I know it'd be better if it had been The Stranglers, but sadly it was Wham.

The chant got louder and louder and then the tannoy announcer said something like: "just for the Man City fans..." and he put Last Christmas back on.

The Leppings Lane End cheered and most of us then did over the top dancing to the song. It was one of those typically bizarre City moments and, like BTH, I believe it sets City apart from other clubs that most City fans can talk about these moments at games.

Kippaxsteps said:
buzzer1 said:
When we went to Palace last game of the season in 89/90(i rek) and everyone was in fancy dress, mainly blues brothers, it was fukin boiling hot and the robbin' bastards were chargin us a fortune for a can of beer. We drew the game i think and was getting beat at one point, there was loads of blues that day and they even opened another stand for us, this Palace fan said its the most and best fans he had ever seen come down to Palace. Not as exciting as some posts on here but one that sticks in my memory. :)

6 week later i was livin' in Southern California, a great year all round.

Scan10013-1.jpg

Palace away.

My personal favourite was Huddersfield away in the 80's. Someone threw a crutch at the linesman!

I wasn't a home and away type but I had a season ticket. Still I managed to be at most of these matches by luck or judgment. West Brom away, Stoke away boxing day, Notts County in the cup away, Derby 6-0 loss!
FFS, thanks for that Kippax mate, what a top day that was. Cheers man, ive favourited this topic.

it must've been about 91 as i remember being about 15/16, we played liverpool at home with coton conceding a couple of pens, up steps dean saunders and some geezer in front of us said, shit it's that saunders he's an expert pen taker! then some other lad said he'll miss he's shite! the 1st geezer said if he misses i'll commit hari-kari with this pie. the next time i saw him he was covered in meat and potatoes, when redmond booted the ball into the sky a lot of older lads started raining down pies and allsorts all over him! priceless! if the guy who got pied is on here i'd love him to *stand up*.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.