Further Questions from a Newcastle forum

The Fish said:
All right lads, back again, thanks for all the replies last time around.

In preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?
Top 3 PL and hopefully get out of the CL group stages, league cup would be nice.

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?
Depends on who we sell be we at least need another striker

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?
Up to now Navas

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?
Agueroo

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?
Sinclair, if he stays.

Which fixtures do you immediately look for?
Rags, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?
Rags for both, excitement mixed with dread!

What's your most memorable game against NUFC?
In recent memories last seasons game was a pretty big one.

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?
A joke, I'm not sure why but the whole things irritates me and I'm not even a Newcastle fan. Maybe it's because we've had similar idiots running our club in the past. Just be thankful you're not Blackburn is the nicest thing I could say about it.

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?
Tiote, Krul and Ben Arfa

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?
I like the way he comes across in interviews but I can never work out if he's actually a good manager or just talks a good game, I'm undecided

Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?
Midtable or above, you really shouldn't be struggling around the bottom

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on the Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

The Fish said:

In preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

Win the league, CL quarters.
Up top.
Thiago. Hahaha.
Navas
Yaya
Derbies and Merseyside away days.
Most - Another win at the swamp, Least - Stoke.
Emile Mpenza's late winner around 2006/2007.
Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?
Rather you than us. Don't rate him at all.
Cabaye or Ben Arfa.
Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?
Quite like Pardew, don't think he is overly out of order.
8th.
Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on the Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

Top 4 PL but hopefully top 3, get out of the CL group stages, plus a good run in the cups.

Our problem last season was scoring goals, we've sold Tevez and Ballotelli and as yet haven't replaced either. We need at least one new striker with a proven goalscoring record. Also we need an experienced Centre Back after the sale of K Toure as back up to Kompany.

Out of our signings so far I'm looking forward to seeing both Nevas and Ferdandino. Nevas with his lightning quick speed will be a joy to see and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in particular.

Nasri, he'll be transformed under Pellegrini.

Rodwell, not because he isn't a good player, it's just he's injury prone and once again I feel he'll be on the treatment more often than not. I hope he proves me wrong.

To see if we are home or away on Boxing Day and the last game of the Season, and obviously when we play the Rag shite from Trafford in the City of Salford.

I always look forward to the Newcastle away game. I love Newcastle as a City and try to visit socially at least once a year. I love the boozer at the top of China town I think it's called "The Rose and Crown". The Curry house near the Holiday Inn, "Ackbars" is the best Indian Restaurant I've ever been to.

Stoke is a dump simples.

The one in the 2011-12 season was a huge game and the goal Yaya scored when he passed it into the net was sublime.

This reminds me of how City were run under Peter Swales in the late 70's with the appointment of Malcolm Allison second time round, it was a disaster, the beginning of 35 years of being in a long dark tunnel, which included playing in the Third Tier of English football. I find the whole situation bizarre and "debacle" is exactly what it is.

I like Tiote, Ben Arfa, but would love to see Fabricio Coloccini in a City shirt. He always plays well against us, and he would fit in well as we have Aguero and Zabletta to make him feel at home.

As an outsider I don't think he plays mind games with us. I actually think the guy has done good jobs wherever he's been. I like him and he always seems to call it as it is, good or bad.

To be honest with the squad Newcastle have, there is no reason why you can't achieve a top six finish. You'll definitely be top 8 but if I was putting money on it I'd say 6th.

top 3, qualification from CL group

maybe another striker

jesus navas

dzeko - with wingers i reckon he will score loads

i don't expect anyone to have a disappointing season, you don't find that out til it actually happens

1st game, the derby, xmas/new year fixtures

most and least - the shite away

end of 11-12 season, 2-0. i managed to sneak in your end without any mither, and it was nice to hear the reception you lot gave us at full time, much respect

no opinion, sorry

really honestly none, but i do like krul and coloccini

average with a mouth

bottom half. sorry, but you were the worst side to turn up at ours last season (including barnsley and little leeds in the cup)

Premier League win

The areas we've been rumoured to be strengthening; namely width with Navas and more attacking options with Jovetic and Negredo

Navas and Fernandinho obviously! Also Bony for Swansea i think will be class

Aguero if injury free, and Rodwell the same. I also am predicting big things for Fernandinho

Dzeko again probably, and Nasri's season always seems to depend on which side of the bed he wakes up

Derbies, spurs games, and games in the west midlands (i'm at uni in B'ham so away days in and around there are cheaper than home games! although will be returning to the motherland after next year)

Most: Either of the west midlands games because il be there! Least: Derby-day; i hate the nerves

Off the top of my head, the recent game against you guys that supposedly cemented our premier league win; after beating you 2-0, we had the simple job of putting QPR to the sword (!)

It would seem as though most fans don't want it, and so I'd have thought that's probably right. But if you do well next season, everyone will hail the decision, fickle football fans you see.

Krul as a back-up keeper maybe? I'd take tiote if he was willing to sit on the bench a lot as well

He's had a lot more success than failure as a manager, so i reckon he's doing something right! Football is a results-based business after all

Top ten

Done and dusted, thanks for the answers and good luck for the coming season.

I'll no doubt be back before we play again, so if you've any advice/questions, let me know.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.toontastic.net/2013/07/gone-fishing-preseason/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toontastic.net/2013/07/gone- ... eseason/1/</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34397-man-utd-man-city-pre-season-fishing-trip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/3 ... hing-trip/</a>

The Fish said:
Done and dusted, thanks for the answers and good luck for the coming season.

I'll no doubt be back before we play again, so if you've any advice/questions, let me know.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.toontastic.net/2013/07/gone-fishing-preseason/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toontastic.net/2013/07/gone- ... eseason/1/</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34397-man-utd-man-city-pre-season-fishing-trip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/3 ... hing-trip/</a>

That's a good read mate. Well done.

•Ronnie Wallwork: Jones but the media will still wank over him and claim he’s “the new Bryan Robson”

Go who's going to own up?

The Fish said:

PL Champions
FA Cup
CL knockout stages (depends who we draw - if we get through the group)

Cover for Vinny and Clichy

Not many from other clubs to choose from atm. Looking forward to seeing all 4 of our signings.
Will be interesting to see how Paulinho does at Spurs. The Elk at WestBrom as well

Sergio. Goal machine if fit

None! Tho there may be a couple who may be disappointed by a lack of games. eg. Garcia and Barry, if they're still here.

The first couple, Christmas/New Year and the last 5.

Everton. I want to fucking batter them this time!

1. The Elano show
2. The Yaya show
3. The one when Asprilla elbowed Curle. Dunno why but it sticks out.

It's insanity. Mike Ashley is an odd one. He's brought some good players to NU but does some seriously weird shit.

I'd take Coloccini, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Sissoko.

Dunno really. He's had good spells and bad spells. You'd have a more informed opinion on him than me

I would expect top 8 (you should be in the mix with Everton and Liverpool) but then I expect the unexpected with NU! Probably relegation then ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.