Further vindication for Nasri

At kickoff, Arsenal’s average age across the team stood at 24.27, rising to 25.81 by full time as they chased an equaliser.

City’s average, by contrast, stood at 25.54, although that fell to 25.27 after Sergio Aguero was introduced in the 32nd minute for Aleksandar Kolarov. Abdul Razak took the place of tiring Owen Hargreaves in the 79th minute, meaning that by full time, City’s average had decreased to 24.18—surprisingly lower than Arsenal’s starting figure.

but for God's sake that were Arsenal kids against 100 millions City, how it could be, lol

dave_blue12 said:
The comments from the bitter Gooners are pretty funny !

This one made me smile:

'One lucky break doesn't take away the fact City looked a broken team after getting torn up by Arsenal.'

I saw grown men weeping, positively distraught at scoring a great breakaway goal but knowing deep down in their hearts that Arsenal were the better, morallly superior team in all but the result.

MSP said:
this one is mind blowing, man would think Samir was raised up in same street where Emirates are, lol

Yes, players should desire to win trophies, they should also remember their roots, the start that enabled them to be where they are. I believe it's call loyalty. It's important too.
LOL so nasri should have stayed at Marseille then.

The other thing that pisses me off is the way Gooners make out Wenger and Arsenal made Nasri, he was a young player of the year and one of the hottest properties in Europe when they picked him, hardly a bloody gamble on raw unproven talent was it? Would be pretty much the equivalent of us claiming Aguero was a huge leap of faith.

I know its difficult for football fans to be rational over something we care so much about but I don't understand
- why Gooners vilify Nasri , who was coming to the end of his contract , let the club know he was not going to sign another and allowed Arsenal to get a really good price for him
- Fabregas on the other hand had a few years left on his contract,and made it clear he would not go anywhere but Barcelona , so Arsenal had to sell possibly for less money than they would have got in an open market.

As I see it Fabregas should be the target of their bile.

Le Grand Fromage said:
I know its difficult for football fans to be rational over something we care so much about but I don't understand
- why Gooners vilify Nasri , who was coming to the end of his contract , let the club know he was not going to sign another and allowed Arsenal to get a really good price for him
- Fabregas on the other hand had a few years left on his contract,and made it clear he would not go anywhere but Barcelona , so Arsenal had to sell possibly for less money than they would have got in an open market.

Same for us re Distin. I don't understand it. They honoured their contracts but weren't happy with the direction their clubs were going in at the time. Shame that Distin made a terrible mistake in that respect.

blue_soundwave said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...anchester-city-further-vindicates-samir-nasri

The 'he went for the money' angle trodden out is getting weaker and weaker. Some interesting stats about the Carling Cup teams, also.
haha, you have to love it when they chant a song then get shot down.... do your homework boys! i still laugh when i hear 'where were you when you were shit' chant... in the second division and selling out you load of bandwagon idiots! haha<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:47 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Le Grand Fromage said:

Same for us re Distin. I don't understand it. They honoured their contracts but weren't happy with the direction their clubs were going in at the time. Shame that Distin made a terrible mistake in that respect.
yeah, i see what you mean, but he would still have left about the same time dunney did i think. (lack of starts)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.