furthest or most bizarre

In a small nature reserve in the middle of Gambia - at 6am.

One of my good memories from travelling was walking out of a bar on East Coast Malaysia hearing this local I'd been talking to for a few days with his mates. He had an ashtray in front of him and was saying 'if this is Manchester then this (holding a bottle next to the ashtray) is where united are - they aren't even in Manchester. His mates wouldn't believe him at first until he told them he'd checked it on the net. I left feeling that my work had been done and time to educate the rest of the country.

Christmas Island, (the one in the Indian Ocean), in the early 1980's. The shipping company I worked for called there frequently to load phosphate, (bird sh***) and one of the chaps who worked for the British Phosphate Commission had moved from Manchester to Australia and then taken a job on the island. Had a few coldies and shared a few memories with him.

I remember turning the news on and seeing a bloke walking through Bangkok airport with a City top on under his jumber, You could see the collar, a certain Nick Leeson.

took my old shirts to albania and give them to the street kids.some swapped/sold them and 1 or 2 kept and said they would keep them forever.
they came back and warned us of imminent danger,fantastic what a football shirt can do!

whitehouse.jpg

Outside the Whitehouse...oh, that's me...

Weirdest was on a river in Thailand whilst in an elephant reserve...a Thai bloke went past pushing along a boat in a fake version of the Uwe Rosler era shirt!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.