Future Strikers

... this season our plan A is not working the way it should be so we should have a plan B. Take the Norwich and wolves games in which we basically ran out of ideas and no one on the pitch knew how to change it.
In games with Tottenham and Norwitch our problem was shocking defending, not lack of goals.
There always will be games when we can score only one goal. It's nothing new.
That's why it is important to have competent defence. Our is not.

I admit that he’s more of a winger/forward but he does ooze quality. He’s very quick and creative. But I guess he’d only be someone we might consider if Sane were to leave.

Hes got a lot of the 'Pep player' qualities we talk about and I've no doubt given better team mates and 'something to play for' he'd be even better than he is.

Dont know if he has the work ethic though mate

I agree with a lot of that, however I think our level has dropped a bit on the other hand opposition coaches aren't stupid they have seen whtat we have done for 2 years and will set up to counter that. Mainly by defending deep and cutting off that area were we pulled them out and Sterling, Sane and Bernardo were getting in around the 6 yard box, refusing to come out. It means we are getting space wide but because we are small have nobody to cross to.Don't think we have quite found a way around it yet, hopefully Pep will, I'm sure he's working on it.

Wouldn't the answer be to have a tall striker who can attack those crosses? Haaland perhaps?

This discussion rose because you were of the opinion we should bring in someone to work under Pep knowing they wouldn't be a Pep player, can you not see why that was highlighted
This discussion rose because you were of the opinion we should bring in someone to work under Pep knowing they wouldn't be a Pep player, can you not see why that was highlighted
I still think sometimes you need to break with what you know and try something or someone different . End of the day you don’t agree with and I probably don’t agree with you so no point going over things

In games with Tottenham and Norwitch our problem was shocking defending, not lack of goals.
There always will be games when we can score only one goal. It's nothing new.
That's why it is important to have competent defence. Our is not.
Can’t moan about the spurs game as we did everything but win . But the wolves and Norwich games I thought we ran out of ideas and if we would have had someone like dzecko we could have put some crosses into the box knowing someone could actually head the ball

Wouldn't the answer be to have a tall striker who can attack those crosses? Haaland perhaps?
I think it's a case of balancing continuity and tactical variation. Do you want two strikers that are similar enough so they can slip in and out of the team without much change in the system, or do you want two strikers who are completely different and allow you to use different tactics? The latter might be useful occasionally against a stubborn defence, but with our schedule, both strikers will get plenty of game time, and now suddenly you're in a situation where you're having to play different tactics to get the best out of two very different strikers, and do so from the start of matches, not just when you're struggling to break down 10 men behind the ball. Try and play Dzeko like he's Aguero and you won't get the best out of him. But try and play to Dzeko's strengths from the start of matches, and you might not get the best out of the whole team.

Obviously if you can get a player who's capable of playing like Aguero and is also excellent in the air, then that would be great, but it's not as if players like that are being offered to us on a plate. I've not really seen Haaland play so I don't know if he'd be able to fit into the way we already play. But of course if Aguero leaves, we may have to change our style of football slightly anyway. Based on the brief clips I've seen of him, he'd be a good understudy to a player like Harry Kane.

Lautaro Martinez has just scored 2 very good goals in the 1st half, one with his head and another from deep with a drive into the bottom corner. Hat trick coming in the 2nd half? A few more million on his head.

Last edited:
Lautaro Martinez has just scored 2 very good goals in the 1st half, one with his head and another from deep with a drive into the bottom corner. Hat trick coming in the 2nd half? A few more million on his head.
He will be 150m, he is way too good for inter to sell imo.

May not need strikers. Don’t play with wingers and play with 2 wide forwards instead in Sterling, Aguero, Jesus and Mahrez.

I think Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez would benefit massively from this.

We cannot go into next season with just Jesus and kun. If Martinez is £120-£150 million then so be it we make the move . Watched vardy score again today. He is absolute class and would score goals for fun in our team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.