Future Strikers

We have 37 goals this season 7 more than liverpool, suggests we don’t really need a plan b attacking wise. By the way what’s Liverpool's plan b ? How many winning teams really have a plan b that involves abandoning the teams principles and playing a different way. Didn’t win titles playing Pep’s way, who’s that baldy bloke on the bench then?
Mancini and pelligrini

I simply found your opinion to be so ridiculous it was simply challenged, not frowned upon
My problem is I don’t think the world stops without pep . Don’t get me wrong he is probably one of the greatest managers of all time and we are lucky to have had probably 5 great seasons when he goes which I think he will. But this season our plan A is not working the way it should be so we should have a plan B. Take the Norwich and wolves games in which we basically ran out of ideas and no one on the pitch knew how to change it . We won 2 titles without playing peps style so we will be more than ok once pep decides to go . I don’t get people that think someone’s opinion is ridiculous because it’s not there’s .you know what I’m 49 and I respect every poster who goes on this forum and if I don’t agree with what they say I still respect them . But I suppose not everyone is like me.

We have 37 goals this season 7 more than liverpool, suggests we don’t really need a plan b attacking wise. By the way what’s Liverpool's plan b ? How many winning teams really have a plan b that involves abandoning the teams principles and playing a different way. Didn’t win titles playing Pep’s way, who’s that baldy bloke on the bench then?
I agree. One of the reasons for our success is that we continue to play our game even when the pressure's on and a team is hard to break down. I mean what could we do that we're not already doing. What people usually mean by a plan B is that we should lump balls into the box.

Personally I'd like to see Pep be a bit more tactically flexible, but not in these sorts of games where we're struggling to break teams down. I think in those games, he does everything he can. I'd like him to have more of a plan B in these two-legged Champions League games, where sometimes playing another way and playing to contain a team could help us get a result.

Having said all of that, I think we are having issues with putting chances away this season. We have 7 more goals that Liverpool, but all of that can be put down to that 8-0 against Watford. In other games, we've struggled to convert our chances, and more worryingly, we've struggled to create many clear-cut chances in quite a few games. I was watching the highlights of the Real Madrid vs PSG game yesterday and the sheer number of genuinely good chances created was pretty impressive. I know that part of that is because they're against another good attacking team, but still. And yes, scoring more than Liverpool is good, but let's be honest, as efficient as Liverpool have been at winning, they've also not exactly been playing great football this season. I think both teams are playing worse than last season, but unfortunately our level has dropped more than theirs.

My problem is I don’t think the world stops without pep . Don’t get me wrong he is probably one of the greatest managers of all time and we are lucky to have had probably 5 great seasons when he goes which I think he will. But this season our plan A is not working the way it should be so we should have a plan B. Take the Norwich and wolves games in which we basically ran out of ideas and no one on the pitch knew how to change it . We won 2 titles without playing peps style so we will be more than ok once pep decides to go . I don’t get people that think someone’s opinion is ridiculous because it’s not there’s .you know what I’m 49 and I respect every poster who goes on this forum and if I don’t agree with what they say I still respect them . But I suppose not everyone is like me.

This discussion rose because you were of the opinion we should bring in someone to work under Pep knowing they wouldn't be a Pep player, can you not see why that was highlighted

I agree. One of the reasons for our success is that we continue to play our game even when the pressure's on and a team is hard to break down. I mean what could we do that we're not already doing. What people usually mean by a plan B is that we should lump balls into the box.

Personally I'd like to see Pep be a bit more tactically flexible, but not in these sorts of games where we're struggling to break teams down. I think in those games, he does everything he can. I'd like him to have more of a plan B in these two-legged Champions League games, where sometimes playing another way and playing to contain a team could help us get a result.

Having said all of that, I think we are having issues with putting chances away this season. We have 7 more goals that Liverpool, but all of that can be put down to that 8-0 against Watford. In other games, we've struggled to convert our chances, and more worryingly, we've struggled to create many clear-cut chances in quite a few games. I was watching the highlights of the Real Madrid vs PSG game yesterday and the sheer number of genuinely good chances created was pretty impressive. I know that part of that is because they're against another good attacking team, but still. And yes, scoring more than Liverpool is good, but let's be honest, as efficient as Liverpool have been at winning, they've also not exactly been playing great football this season. I think both teams are playing worse than last season, but unfortunately our level has dropped more than theirs.
I agree with a lot of that, however I think our level has dropped a bit on the other hand opposition coaches aren't stupid they have seen whtat we have done for 2 years and will set up to counter that. Mainly by defending deep and cutting off that area were we pulled them out and Sterling, Sane and Bernardo were getting in around the 6 yard box, refusing to come out. It means we are getting space wide but because we are small have nobody to cross to.Don't think we have quite found a way around it yet, hopefully Pep will, I'm sure he's working on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.