Future Strikers

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Sir Joe Aguero, 14 Aug 2019.

1. peace frog

peace frog

Just read a stat on jesus
    In the last 10 matches he has been involved in 18 goals, scored or assisted, the guy is a beast, and will become a cult hero at city, more than capable of taking the reigns from Sergio when Sergio calls it a day with us

2. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

I hope you are right but I am still not fully convinced. Seems to have a good attitude and has picked up English well. Not sure he has the physical attributes of Sergio who is a bit of a one off and scores some unique goals.

karen7 likes this.
  3. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Possibly Braaf,he is still very young and inconsistent though - stardom or obscurity.....it could go either way with that kid.

4. Pablo1

Pablo1

This could be Gabriel’s season. Very high hopes for the lad.

5. TikiTaka

TikiTaka

I think so too. Replacing Aguero will be close to mission impossible but Gabriel has so much quality already and he is ten years younger than Aguero. He has a bright future. But in order for him to reach his full potential, he has to start playing more games. But that would mean Aguero on the bench where he would start to lose his sharpness and Pep doesn’t want to risk that. As soon as Guardiola starts noticing a decline in Aguero’s game, Gabriel will be our number one. But that could take another two years as Sergio is better than ever.

I just hope we can keep Jesus happy in the meantime, and not losing him to another club due to lack of gametime.

sir baconface and born2bblu like this.
  6. TonyM

TonyM

In a way is this like Aguero and Forlan of Atletico Madrid? I guess the difference here is that they played together in a 2 more often than not (as far as I remember).

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that Sané is out for a while this season so that Jesus and Aguero can play together more often (with Jesus wide like he plays with Firmino for Brazil).

NorthamptonBlue likes this.
  7. asahartford1

asahartford1

And don't forget he can't head it -;)

8. TikiTaka

TikiTaka

Yeah I thought about that. I always wanted to see Jesus on the left, Aguero central and Sané on the right, two wingers cutting inside. Jesus awesome dribbling would get rid of the fullbacks easily. But then Sterling improved!

I remember when we smashed Liverpool 5-0 at the Etihad in the beginning of 17/18 season. We then played 3-5-2 with Aguero/Jesus on top. God I loved that. Hope to see more of that now with Cancelo being able to get forward on another level than Walker.

Sanés injury will mean more gametime for both Jesus, Mahrez and Foden. So it’s good and bad at the same time.

Mcfchamps likes this.
  9. Daz_Blue

Daz_Blue

FLORIDA, USA, FORMALLY OF WOODHOUSE PARK MANCHESTE
    Lukaku will miss England and want to come home by the time Aguero leaves ..... shoe in

10. Zenmanc

Zenmanc

Vom