Future Strikers

Sir Joe Aguero

As Aguero's possibly leaving at the end of the 2020/21 season and Jesus hasn't nailed down his place as starting striker yet, we need to think about a World Class striker for the future.

Jesus is obviously still young and I think the Copa America, West Ham & his run in the cups will really help his confidence, but it's hard to find another Aguero.

Struggling to think of a consistent goal-scorer under 27, who's gettable and would fit our system. Who do you think we should go for?

We don't need to go for anyone, we have Jesus.

If the market opens up and Mbappe is available then he will be the easy choice, otherwise we are likely going to be waiting to see who comes through in the next 18mths. Werner would be a good signing but hes nailed on for bayern.

Reactions: kun

If the market opens up and Mbappe is available then he will be the easy choice, otherwise we are likely going to be waiting to see who comes through in the next 18mths. Werner would be a good signing but hes nailed on for bayern.
They reckon Mbappe will be the first £300m player, & reports say it's his dream to play for Real. Unless we have a major shift in policy, or something happens to lower Mbappe's price like his contract running out.

I'd love Mbappe here, but I fear the small chance we had to sign him two years ago may have passed us by for good. :-(

Last edited:

Jesus is a talent no doubt, but even if he's 1st choice, that's still not enough depth. Mbappe, would love him but he's already on more than any of our players and that was when he was 19 - he's now a World Cup winner, much better and everyone wants him. Would be very hard to get, but probably the best striker we could get.

The problem I'm seeing is that there's not that many incredible strikers, they seem to have moved towards being goalscoring wingers, maybe due to Messi & Ronaldo's influence.

Agree with Werner, would of pissed of Bayern no end as well. Probably would have been under £30mil which is great for a young player with his G&A. A front 3 of Sterling Werner and Sane is ridiculously quick.

Jesus is a talent no doubt, but even if he's 1st choice, that's still not enough depth. Mbappe, would love him but he's already on more than any of our players and that was when he was 19 - he's now a World Cup winner, much better and everyone wants him. Would be very hard to get, but probably the best striker we could get.

The problem I'm seeing is that there's not that many incredible strikers, they seem to have moved towards being goalscoring wingers, maybe due to Messi & Ronaldo's influence.

Agree with Werner, would of pissed of Bayern no end as well. Probably would have been under £30mil which is great for a young player with his G&A. A front 3 of Sterling Werner and Sane is ridiculously quick.
I think I have said this on here before somewhere. When Aguero goes we will see a full shift to what Pep is doing at the moment, rotating the front 3 around and not having a 'real' recognized central striker. Look at Barca back in the day, they had Messi, Henry, Villa, Pedro amongst others all on the wing bagging 10-15 a season if not more. Mahrez, Jesus, Sane and Sterling are all goalscorers and can play across the front line. Mbappe of course could do the same ;)

We will definitely be looking to supplement those goals with more from Bernardo and KDB in midfield also.

They reckon Mbappe will be the first £250m player, & reports say it's his dream to play for Real. Unless we have a major shift in policy, or something happens to lower Mbappe's price like his contract running out.

I'd love Mbappe here, but I fear the small chance we had to sign him two years ago may have passed us by for good. :-(

All depends on what happens with his contract:- If he wants to leave France and play for another top CL side, and the Spanish clubs are in a mess financially then we have a very good chance. Personally I don't see hi signing another deal with PSG as there is not much more he can do there. They will win the league every year but I don't see them getting close to a CL final any time soon.

I think I have said this on here before somewhere. When Aguero goes we will see a full shift to what Pep is doing at the moment, rotating the front 3 around and not having a 'real' recognized central striker. Look at Barca back in the day, they had Messi, Henry, Villa, Pedro amongst others all on the wing bagging 10-15 a season if not more. Mahrez, Jesus, Sane and Sterling are all goalscorers and can play across the front line. Mbappe of course could do the same ;)

We will definitely be looking to supplement those goals with more from Bernardo and KDB in midfield also.

Fully agree

Every season there's a new breakout star that emerges and it will be no different when it comes to the point when we need to find Aguero's replacement (or Jesus', assuming he steps up to the number 1 spot).

Most of the world didn't know who Felix, Jovic or Piatek were at the beginning of last season. All have moved for big fees to big clubs in 2019 and are now in the spotlight.

The answer is that it will probably be no one who we've heard of or will expect right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.